Maya's Question

bparsh

SBH Member
A few years ago (maybe 4?) Maya's had the best prix fixe menu I've ever had. Since then (and since Irma) I have not been able to find any info on prix fixe's at Maya's. Does anyone know if she still has them from time to time?

(we stopped in to make a reservation for another night, she said she was doing a prix fixe the next night and we should come then, and asked if we had any food allergies....one person was a vegetarian and one allergic to dairy-she went on to design the menu that night around both of those which was amazing! This trip, just two of us, no food allergies so that won't be an issue, but just wondering if anyone has ever experienced her prix fixe menus?)

Thanks in advance! Looking forward to our 5th consecutive year of visiting SBH! (2 weeks away tomorrow!!)

I have no recollection of that ever being the policy at Maya's. See why you have to follow this forum? You never know when a fabulous tidbit will appear!

I remember only one occasion with a prix fixe at Maya's . . . my recollection is that it was part of an evening of music with someone (Soley, perhaps?). I would be surprised it it were part of Maya's current business.

Just pulled up old pictures on my phone to figure out it was the last week of July in 2016. If I remember correctly the meal was either 3 or 4 courses and around 50 euros.

There was a singer but I don’t recall their name.

i do distinctly Maya coming to our table, talking for a few minutes, telling us about Fiona the cat that lives nearby, then when our desserts came, Maya sent over two extra ones just so we could try them all! We haven’t been back as she wasn’t quite open last trip so we plan on going this trip, just wasn’t sure if anyone else had ever experienced a prix fixe there. (Excuse any typos as I’m on my cell phone)

"There was a singer but I don’t recall their name."

I think it might have been the "Soley" night . . . only night that I ever recall that Maya did a fixe prix dinner. It was very nice, but not an evening with a big crowd "draw."

Years ago, we were there for a wonderful buffet the night before they closed for the season. Maya and Randy pulled out all the stops. It was memorable and fabulous

So glad to hear Steve and Aimee are enjoying a wonderful time in Paradise. Maya’s is very special!

"There was a singer but I don’t recall their name."

I think it might have been the "Soley" night . . . only night that I ever recall that Maya did a fixe prix dinner. It was very nice, but not an evening with a big crowd "draw."

YES! Just searched on google, and it was him!

I guess a prix fixe dinner is unusual at Maya's, but nonetheless we will be going for 'regular' dinner in two weeks!

Always a high point on all our trips. Consistently fresh and delicious. Great staff too.

Always a high point on all our trips. Consistently fresh and delicious. Great staff too.

We used to love Meat & Potatoes, but now our must hit list for dinner is (in no order): Maya's, Edy's, Les Bananiers, Le Repaire, & La Langouste. Going to try Quarter Kitchen and Cocktail Lab, which leaves one free night for a new restaurant (unless we go to one of the places for lunch).... thinking about trying Tamarin as many people on here rave of their food.

Darn good list-you might want to add Jean-Claude's L'Esprit in Saline for a very special dining experience in a garden setting. In Saline.

Darn good list-you might want to add Jean-Claude's L'Esprit in Saline for a very special dining experience in a garden setting. In Saline.

A week isn't enough to eat at all of the great restaurants! Maybe we can sneak in L'espirit-I know exactly where it is. We were interested in trying them a few trips ago but they were closed the week we were there.

Last I had heard was that he will close the restaurant from middle of June for vacation. Do not know the exact dates for closing or reopening.

Tamarin has always been top of our list for setting ambiance and staff...for some reason the night we dined there last week we both were not pleased with our meals...was not up to what we were used to...hoping it was just an off night..still on our list for future..