Where the Crawdads Sing- novel

stbartshopper

Senior Insider
A girl abandoned at the age of six grows up learning from the insects and animals in the swamps of North Carolina. I like the whodunnits and spy stuff but also like adventure and a touch of romance and history. This one is a must read. It was a surprise as to how quick it went by.

So here it is, 2 years later, and I have finally read this marvellous story. As friends were saying good bye to the island, I spotted the book on their kitchen counter and said..CAN I PLEASE TAKE THIS BOOK? I promised to stash it after I finished and then to return to her when next we met hre--2022.

That's what friends do for friends and booklovers do for their kindred spirits.

Ok, so I am just about the last one on earth to read this book which shows some 40 printings! But I am so glad I did.
I love nature and romance and a story well written and finding Poetry in just about every chapter!

Just read it. The characters and the plot will grab your heart and take you to many new places.

So here it is, 2 years later, and I have finally read this marvellous story. As friends were saying good bye to the island, I spotted the book on their kitchen counter and said..CAN I PLEASE TAKE THIS BOOK? I promised to stash it after I finished and then to return to her when next we met hre--2022.

That's what friends do for friends and booklovers do for their kindred spirits.

Ok, so I am just about the last one on earth to read this book which shows some 40 printings! But I am so glad I did.
I love nature and romance and a story well written and finding Poetry in just about every chapter!

Just read it. The characters and the plot will grab your heart and take you to many new places.

Amy, I haven't read it yet ! something about crawdads turned me off ! should I overlook that ?

It pops up in the book...don’t be afraid to go across the line WHERE THE CRAWDADS SING. About courage and taking chances and not being afraid to love and trust another person. Go for it, Nancy.

I loved the book. Was recommended to me by my wife’s book club. Crawdads are a staple in that part of the world.
2695F05C-5EF2-4845-B714-FB057841F7BD.gif