May vaca

Maya’s tonight after missing them last trip

I’m sorry that we probably were here at the same time & didn’t meet! Exquisite avocado soup with shrimp as a starter, followed by the island’s very best Sole Meunière (an occasional special). A lovely “a bientot” dinner as I leave the island tomorrow. What did you have?

We had the lamb and the dorade with asparagus salad as starter...of course it was over the top delicious...it was nice to be back and to be greeted so nicely by the lovely Dora...

Guess I just have bad luck, in all the times I have enjoyed Maya's, have not seen
Sole Meuniere on the menu. Maybe my luck will change next month.

Dennis, I enjoyed the sole Meunière when we dined at Maya’s in April and it was excellent! Our waitress deboned it table-side before presenting it to me. Wouldn’t hesitate to order it again. It was quite large and my husband wound up eating half of it as I couldn’t finish.

Gayle

Thank you for the tip Dennis. I made a reservation at Maya's for next month with the request for Sole Meuniere, and reply was positive. Fingers crossed.

Nanette- with your 3:30 booking at Nikki, you will literally be partying until 6:30. If you are hungry later, you might consider a pizza to go or fire one up from le marche at your villa.

Thank you! We dont get in until around 7pm tomorrow..so cant decide for first night din:Dner..especially since it is a Saturday..seems like a great night out, but we need to save our energy for Nikki on Sunday..not as young as we used to be:D

Thank you! We dont get in until around 7pm tomorrow..so cant decide for first night din:Dner..especially since it is a Saturday..seems like a great night out, but we need to save our energy for Nikki on Sunday..not as young as we used to be:D

Le Repaire, across from the ferry terminal and main parking lot in Gustavia, would be my suggestion. Easy to find, you should be able to find a parking space in the lot, varied menu, reasonable for St Barth, low key, you should have no problem getting a table, good service, good kitchen.

Orega is also closing for a few weeks beginning on 5/25. We arrive on the 24th and have a reservation there so that we don't miss it.