Lazy Cat Days

Dwnislnd

SBH Member
Bonjour, it’s Mise again.
I’m so happy to say my humans arrived about 3 weeks ago! And yes, we have had many a lazy day at the villa. BTW my English has improved over the year, so I am more comfortable to share our lives with y’all.
Unusual for them, they had 2 new people, a daughter and boyfriend, I did not know stay for 10 days. I eventually became secure in the knowledge that they also found St. Bart’s (and me of course) one of the happy places for them.
The pattern is very much the same for our little family. We rise early for breakfast on the terrace, and the day’s plans start to form.
Many days my humans head to the beach for sun and fun. They normally pack food and drink to take along, and always there are a little tidbit for me to keep me happy until they return in the afternoon.
Watching the sunset with a cocktail is one of the favorite times of day, chatting about the day and what the evening will bring. Many nights its dinner at home. It seems that the quality and difference of the food here is a delight to Maria- she seems to be in charge of the cooking, while Paul is in charge of “adult beverages.”
On the nights when they leave they frequent the restaurants close to their hearts- Bonito, L’Isola, Bananiers, L’ Bouchon, Fish Corner, Black Ginger, Orega, L’ Entracte, and L’Espirt. But upon their return I greet them and catch up on their experiences- always-nice evenings for them with good food and conversations.
Sundays are especially nice here at the villa. Early in the morning Paul heads to Meat my Fish to pick up a grilled chicken for dinner. And guess who gets the special treats mixed in? Yep me.
Oh and lest I forget to mention the Soldes. Yes a very exciting day for them when they returned with bags of “purchases!” Maria was especially pleased with her shoes, which I don’t understand as she never seems to have any on.
I will sign off now as it is sunset time and I am needed on the terrace…but more to come soon.
Mise the Siamese cat
IMG_0147.jpg

The kitties are an integral part of the island. They take care of many of the undesirable critters and only ask for a scratch on their ears and a little TLC!

A fun read ... thanks for the clever report. Always reminds me of our resident cat many years ago in St. Jean. Every evening he enjoyed tastes of the pate, cheese, smoked salmon, etc. that we
had with cocktails. One morning I opened the drapes and discovered he had brought us a thank you present ....... a nice fat rat on the doorstep.

A fun read ... thanks for the clever report. Always reminds me of our resident cat many years ago in St. Jean. Every evening he enjoyed tastes of the pate, cheese, smoked salmon, etc. that we
had with cocktails. One morning I opened the drapes and discovered he had brought us a thank you present ....... a nice fat rat on the doorstep.

Gratitude is so lacking in society!