Anniversary Dinner

CaribbeanSoul

SBH Insider
In the midst of planning some of our culinary experiences for our upcoming trip (#2) in a couple of weeks. So far I’ve nailed down a Saturday eve reservation at Bonito which we loved our last trip. Our anniversary is on Tuesday the 28[SUP]th[/SUP] and I was leaning toward Orega but they are closed, unfortunately, for the entire time we are on island. How would Bagatelle sound as an option? I’m also considering Le Toiny or L’Isola. I know everyone has their favorite but we missed Bagatelle our last time in addition to a few others.

L’Esprit, Maya's, or L’Isola will not disappoint. I have enjoyed many birthday and anniversary special dinners at these locations. Congratulations.��

Tamarin or Maya’s would do a lovely anniversary dinner. Be sure to tell them you are celebrating a special occasion. We like Bagatelle but it can be noisy—better to go there on an evening other than your anniversary.

Tamarin or Maya’s would do a lovely anniversary dinner. Be sure to tell them you are celebrating a special occasion. We like Bagatelle but it can be noisy—better to go there on an evening other than your anniversary.
We don't mind if it's a little noisy, plus a Tuesday night shouldn't be too crazy.

I second L'sola and L'Esprit with a lean toward L'sola because of the romantic candle lit atmosphere...oh wait, the garden at L'Esprit is so lovely at night with the stars overhead. Darn. This is difficult.

Your proposal is a good one- Bagatelle outside on the harbor. Very romantic and quiet. When you want to dance and hear great music, just stroll inside and enjoy the fun between courses. And then over to Baz. A perfect evening.
we agree on Tamarin- wasn’t up to the rest on our visit earlier this year.

Why is Orega closed? Never been to St Barts and will be there May 18th-28th..was really looking forward to Orega! Any advice for a first timer? Happy almost anniversary!

Maya’s or Tamarin have been top of our list forever...sorry you didn’t like Tamarin...
Bagatelle is not on our list...too loud and they have a habit of upcharging drinks and wine.....

Why is Orega closed? Never been to St Barts and will be there May 18th-28th..was really looking forward to Orega! Any advice for a first timer? Happy almost anniversary!
Received a note from the restaurant stating they were closed from 5/25-6/10.

We're there during the same time and I understand Orega is closing/closed starting the 25th for a couple of weeks. We have reservations earlier in the week, so contact them. Has never disappointed.

Greg often has his team there until the early hours of the morning working on creating new dishes and preparation. Glad all are taking some time off- well deserved!

L'Isola! Just my opinion, but Bagatelle is a "chain" restaurant (also in manhattan, miami that I know of), plus food is average, service can be pushy. L'Isola is a treat, plus a dark, candle-lit dining room.

The owner of L'Isola owns Via Veneto in Santa Monica and has (had?) another restaurant in downtown LA. You'll find many of the same menu items and similar ambience. If you love L'Isola, you'll feel at home at Via Veneto.