Things We Miss

Never had him take a picture of us, but Alain on his cycle with his camera, so Hollywood ! Yes Vincent Adam ! Vaval before cocoon opened to become The Hideaway & singing the song Sweet Caroline !

Alain had taken several lovely shots of Gary and I at the old Manapany in ‘96...they’re displayed in our upstairs living room to this day. Good memories!

I know it is just me, however we enjoyed Tamarin in the older days, before valet parking and where you felt comfortable coming from the beach. A little too upscale for us. Even Lauren Hutton was dressed casually.
Those were the days where you could just come from the beach with sand in your toes and sit at Tamarin and have the most glorious lunch

Those were the days where you could just come from the beach with sand in your toes and sit at Tamarin and have the most glorious lunch

And, if you looked around, you would find the chef and/or owner from several island restaurants in the lunch crowd.

Le Rivage, I remember I was there with about ten people and they came over and took the bread from our table as we were finished eating and ready for dessert, and then put the bread directly on someone else's table, too funny as one of the pieces had a bite taken already from one of the children in our group and the child had placed it back into the bread basket.

Sitting at the table at the end of the pier at The Rock- Eden Rock with the light shining onto the water, seeing those big fish- tarpon?, the breezes and a sumptuous meal!

Eden Rock...I definitely miss dining by that end table that gave you a view of the sea and a view into the kitchen. I mostly missed not seeing outstanding Jean-Claude working and running the show in there.

First night at Marigot Bay Club sitting in the directors chairs and listening to the waves lapping up on the shore. The fresh hot bread from the ladies in the little house in Lorient and the Guadeloupe ladies seeking fresh fruit. Best melons ever.

What I miss at this moment:

Au Port
Le Sapotillier
Mini-mokes
La Gloriette
The old road to Grand Fond - before speed bumps and parking

Never got to experience Autour du Rocher as it was gone before I discovered St Barts but if I had gone, I bet I would miss it a lot. At least what I could remember. LOL :wink2:

Saladarie's canard magret et frites ronde, not to mention Thierry et Giles's greetings at the entrance.

Manu's profiteroles.

Do Brazil's Moqueca.

Jacky at Carl Gustaf for sunset Champagne.

...to name a few.

Saladarie's canard magret et frites ronde, not to mention Thierry et Giles's greetings at the entrance.

Manu's profiteroles.

Do Brazil's Moqueca.

Jacky at Carl Gustaf for sunset Champagne.

...to name a few.
Jacky at Carl Gustaf for sunset Tangueray and tonic for us.