Things We Miss

The listings so far bring back more fond memories

The Mermaid Amarilis
The Book Sharing Shelves at Isle de France/Cheval Blanc

Oh wow...what a great thread!
So many places to enjoy now but those long gone shall always be dear to the heart.

Chez Francine! So much fun.
The first time we stayed at KerJean in BOM1 and we were there a LOT!
(Who remembers Philippe sauntering along St Jean?)

The original Mini Mokes! The only way to travel, careening dangerously over the terrain after the exotic rums at New Born

Le Sapotillier...hands down the positively absolute best Creme Brûlée

Thursdays at La Marine, but of course

And...the more recent...
O’Corail
La Gloriette
Do Brazil

Loved them all...great memories!
Cheers to them...
Cheers to those that we enjoy today

The special desserts we enjoyed at Santa Fe that Manu made for us, Floating Island, crepes Suzette’s and for Phil PEACH MELBA

PS..I forgot the profiteroles that came decorated as swans!

Emeraude Plage also had a great book sharing library. Oh how I will miss that hotel...and the little tikki bar for breakfast.

Lafayette Club(still the most expensie lunch I have ever had)--Castellets--Vincent Adams---Joa---LaGommeier

Meat and Potatoes. They said the name was silly and the fare would not work. They were all wrong. The meats were fantastic and the thin apple tarte the size of a shoe box topped with ice cream made for one great dinner.

Meat and Potatoes. They said the name was silly and the fare would not work. They were all wrong. The meats were fantastic and the thin apple tarte the size of a shoe box topped with ice cream made for one great dinner.
We loved M&P, too.

Thanks for Chez Francine reminder. Loved it. Also great meals at Le Sapoltier...and who could forget At Port on the balcony with the great view of the harbor especially before the new post office was built

We miss a lot of the same places you all have mentioned.
What I especially miss is Gloriette. Although that really applies to the new century.
We miss the great dollar - franc exchange rate and things not as pricey.
The lack of Americans and visitors in general in the off season.
Spending the days just reading away because we really didn't know other vacationers. That being said, we have loved meeting so many nice people from this forum and catching up in person. :heart1:
However, things we don't miss are;
Packing a large cooler full of supplies. You can pretty much get everything now(except roasted red pepper hummus).
Having to warm up the Samari so it won't stall going up the road (at pt milou rock) from the villa.
Getting Franc's before we depart the U.S.

The Lafayette Club on Grand Cul de Sac...we started coming to the island in 1989 and don't know how long it was there...but it was the essence of Chic...

Also Marigot Beach Club restaurant...their own fresh caught lobsters...my wife and my first dinner ever in 1990....was staying at the Guanahani...got in late afternoon and didn't feel like dressing up (a relative term) for the hotel restaurant...so was directed here...I knew the island was magical and that we were "home"...

Just came back from the island in March...just the two of us after many years with the kids...celebrated 30th...still magical, but miss the old places..but still no place like SB because it feels like home...