Things We Miss

Hawke

Senior Insider
I'm sure anyone that has been visiting 20-30 years has a list of things they miss. One of mine is sunset drinks at Carl Gustaf.

Me too, Hawke. What a spot and Jacky was a great bartender. And often nice piano or guitar background music. A sublime way to begin a St Barth's evening.

Me too, Hawke. What a spot and Jacky was a great bartender. And often nice piano or guitar background music. A sublime way to begin a St Barth's evening.
I almost wrote that; word by word. I'm glad you have those same memories.

the carl gustav was where we stayed 25 years ago on our first visit. it was always a favorite for drinks although we moved to toiny and stayed there for many years until david left and it became something else that we weren't as comfortable with. I guess what I really miss is that our first stay at cg was 5 nights with a car for $2500 and toiny was, for many years $ 550. oh well progress huh!!

This will be a blast from the past...Les Castelets. The ceremonial lighting of the hanging candle chandelier marked the beginning of each evening, memories that we'll always have.

We had an excellent stay at Haute Maison years ago. I loved walking down to the little bakery that was at the bottom of a hill. Great exercise and returning with breakfast. Great memories.

Long leisurely lazy lunches at Tamarin....was always our best spot in the 35 years we have been going to the island

Long leisurely lazy lunches at Tamarin....was always our best spot in the 35 years we have been going to the island
I know it is just me, however we enjoyed Tamarin in the older days, before valet parking and where you felt comfortable coming from the beach. A little too upscale for us. Even Lauren Hutton was dressed casually.

Another one is that no matter what part of the island you stayed at, chances were you would be awakened by roosters. Denise doesn't miss that.

A wonderful spot. Great food and always made to feel welcome. Right up there with the Hideaway with being welcomed back.

Never had him take a picture of us, but Alain on his cycle with his camera, so Hollywood ! Yes Vincent Adam ! Vaval before cocoon opened to become The Hideaway & singing the song Sweet Caroline !