Maya's 5/2

dadto6

Senior Insider
After a leisurely afternoon, which included swimming at St. Jean beach, lounging at the Villa and looking out over the seas, we got ready for our evening out at Maya's. We were the 2nd guests to arrive, we were so warmly greeted by Dora. What a bundle of enthusiasm. As requested, we were seated on the rail about mid way down, great view of the boats bobbing in the waters off shore. Wonderful breezy and mild weather.
We ordered the Cocktail of the Day, which was a Mai Tai. It was very tasty, no scrimping on the liquor.
Anita and I ordered the Asperges Vinaigrette as a starter to share.
I ordered the St. Jacques Poelees aux Capres et a la Sauge. Anita ordered the Poulet Coco Citronelle. Everything was very delicious. It did not disappoint.
We were quickly served our starter, but then waited a while for our dinner. However, before receiving our plates, Dora came to our table to apologize, she said that another diner received our exact same dinner. Anita laughed, said the other couple probably remarked, "Wow, we sure got our food freaky fast". Dora provided us two free glasses of wine as compensation, without our asking. Frankly, we did not even notice the delay, as Anita and I were enjoying some good conversation and views out over the water. The free glasses of wine complemented our meal well.
Randy and Maya, separately, came to our table to visit a while, guess that puts Anita and I into the Elite category. LOL
Different strokes for different folks. I for one, can not think of a reason not to visit Maya's for dinner. Just my opinion.
All is well in my business world. Guys are working, no drama for me in D.C. Heading out to Toiny to watch the sun rise, stop by St. Jean on the way back to swim, then hit someone up for Breakfast. Maybe stop at Kevin's Villa for some of those scrumptious eggs he posted pics of.

Thanks for the review of Maya's, on our list with A & P later this month. Same thing happened to me at the original L'Esprit years ago, I recognized the voices of a co-workers client & wife who I sometimes spoke with on phone, no clue what they looked like but they got MY chicken ! Introcductions & laughs followed along with apologies, former SBH home owners Frank & the late Judy.

Sounds like another satisfying Maya’s dining experience! Dora is the best...an awesome bundle of the warmest welcomes and positive energy. And, Randy and Maya always make it there business to touch base with their diners to ensure everyone is satisfied. Glad that you and Anita had an enjoyable evening!

Maybe stop at Kevin's Villa for some of those scrumptious eggs he posted pics of.

So sorry, but I left the island yesterday afternoon. I’m presently stuck in SJU (mechanical problem), enjoying an extra vacation day compliments of AA. No worries, I’m doing just fine in a beachfront hotel in Isla Verde.

Sorry about your delays in SJU Kevin.
We always enjoy our talks with Randy each year and the ocean view and breezes at Mayas. An evening we look forward to.