Island Cleanup Sunday May 19

KevinS

Senior Insider
There is an island cleanup schedule for Sunday, May 19. Meet at the St Jean parking lot at 07:00. I suggest bring a pair of gloves if you plan to participate. I also suggest attaching yourself to the group cleaning up at Saline, rather than one of the groups doing roadside cleanup. I participated in one of these a few years ago, and thought that it was worth doing.

364D8D8C-89F6-4669-A941-4A950C5104AE.jpeg

I always carry a plastic trash bag in the rear of our car everyday we are here, we pick up any debris which we might see that would not normally be picked up by others. For instance, when we walked the track this morning, I picked up about 15-empty water bottles, presumably left last night after the soccer matches. Why can't people throw away their own trash, drives me crazy.

St Barts is very clean compared to where we live on Cape Cod. While I'm walking the dog there is so much trash that has been thrown out of vehicles. Nips, half pints, full pints, smokes, food bags, all types of cans.

. . . such a great activity, with support of residents & visitors. Thank you, Kevin, for publicizing it!

Tomorrow’s the day! Meet at 7AM in the St Jean parking lot. The post-cleanup BBQ is, I think, at the St Barth Yacht Club, the sailing school, at Noon.

[h=2]“SAINT-BARTH CLEAN UP’ : NETTOYAGE DE PRINTEMPS LE 19 MAI[/h]
02/05/2019

L’opération Saint-Barth Clean Up revient le dimanche 19 mai. Chaque année, le Rotary Club organise cette journée de nettoyage bénévole de l’île, en partenariat avec différentes sociétés locales. Rendez-vous est donné à 7 heures sur le parking de Saint-Jean, et à midi, un barbecue est prévu pour le réconfort après l’effort. Toutes les bonnes volontés sont les bienvenues. Cette année, AMC, Dalkia Wastenergy et Beenest sont les principaux partenaires de l’événement.