Bagatelle 4/30

dadto6

Senior Insider
Happy May Day to everyone. Started the day with a refreshing swim at St. Jean Beach. Today has shown more clouds and wind than the past few days. However, I do not think it will rain though. The Island is very brown from lack of precipitation. I see some Sargassum building at Flamands Beach this morning. St. Jean beach had none. Just finished coffee and sweets at Choisy bakery in town.
We enjoyed a fabulous dinner at Bagatelle last night. We reserved a table right at the water edge, so peaceful on the Harbor last night. Executive Chef Sofiane Dridi created a lovely 5-course dinner with wine pairings for 89 Euro. What a bargain. The presentation and quality of the 5-courses was amazing. The sommelier poured generously on the wine pairing element. We were extremely pleased, it did not disappoint. Service was exemplary, same waitress we had in January, she is a delight.

Happy May Day to everyone. Started the day with a refreshing swim at St. Jean Beach. Today has shown more clouds and wind than the past few days. However, I do not think it will rain though. The Island is very brown from lack of precipitation. I see some Sargassum building at Flamands Beach this morning. St. Jean beach had none. Just finished coffee and sweets at Choisy bakery in town.
We enjoyed a fabulous dinner at Bagatelle last night. We reserved a table right at the water edge, so peaceful on the Harbor last night. Executive Chef Sofiane Dridi created a lovely 5-course dinner with wine pairings for 89 Euro. What a bargain. The presentation and quality of the 5-courses was amazing. The sommelier poured generously on the wine pairing element. We were extremely pleased, it did not disappoint. Service was exemplary, same waitress we had in January, she is a delight.

89E pp included the wine pairing for 5 courses ??? an every nite or only certain nites ? menu on website ? Thanks Bob !

Bagatelle often has a special menu on Tuesday night, which is announced in Le News and on their FB page. Reservations are required for the special menu.

D18B319B-9908-4AA4-8851-149D8A89D721.jpeg

Bagatelle often has a special menu on Tuesday night, which is announced in Le News. Reservations are required for the special menu.
Kevin a font of info are you ! Sometimes I can get onto Le News in English, not recently getting on in French either...hints on getting successfully on ? Thanks, NancySC, formerly long ago Needham.

They are on Facebook. Just friend them and you can almost always find the French version, and often the English version as well.

Phil

Hi Nancy,
I spoke with the chef and he indicated it was ending last night for April. As we head into the less tourist season, it will be discontinued for May and June, before they close for the season. However, they plan to offer again commencing in October for the new season. It is a great deal! We will do it again when we return in November.
Bob

Oh shucks & such a great price with the wine pairing too ! Thanks Bob for the info, also the lunch from Lorient place !

Hi Nancy,
You know, things chance constantly. I would recommend you inquire to see if it is being offered during your Tuesday on-Island. Doesn't hurt to ask.

First time to post..first time to St Barts this May 18th-28th ..what is the best night/ nights to visit Bagatelle? By the pics looks like fun..we enjoy djs and dancing!

First time to post..first time to St Barts this May 18th-28th ..what is the best night/ nights to visit Bagatelle? By the pics looks like fun..we enjoy djs and dancing!
Welcome to the Forum where you'll find a wealth of information for your visit...also please check out the Meetings.....no date set yet but trying to put together a forum members get together between the 11th & 28th somewhere...if you're interested, how many...stay tuned for location & time !

Ah, thanks! My husband and I are very excited to experience St Barts!! We get in around 7 are first night..any recommendations for dinner? Probably be tired due to full dsy of traveling and we are due at Nikki beach Sunday @3:30, so dont want a late night..we are staying in Lorient.

Thank you! We have been to Maui many times and love it, but wanted to try something different..it sounds absolutely amazing! We have been to Cabo, Cancun, etc. Many carribean islands, but arent too fond of those places..especially now with all the crime! St Barts sounds like its in a class of its own!

Check to see if they’re still doing Pour Elle by Bagatelle on Friday nights. Fashion show, and free Champagne for ladies between 20:00 and 22:00.

6CDCEBB6-C25F-42DE-A5AA-7FC648535088.jpg

I’ve been to all the places you noted and more. None hold a candle to St. Barts in my humble opinion, which is why, I have returned to paradise 20-times in the past 5-years