Le Sereno 4/29

dadto6

Senior Insider
Anita and I were the first to arrive for dinner at Le Sereno. We were given our choice of table, we selected a table closest to the water edge. They have done a wonderful job at restoring the property. Very friendly and attentive staff, they chose well on their employees.
We each started with a nice cocktail called Sereno Spritzer, wow, was it large. You could have fit at least 10-Nikki Beach Bellini's into our goblet of Sereno Spritzer. It lasted us all the way thorugh dinner.
We were served a very generous portion of Amuse Bouche, it consisted of 5-separate tasty morsels. Having dined at Nouvelle style restaurants, the Le Sereno Amuse Bouche would have counted as 5-courses, LOL. The bread was very tasty, served with Lake Como extra virgin olive oil, yummy.
For starters, I ordered the Grilled Octopus tentacle, served with potatoes fondant and bell pepper cream. It did not disappoint. Anita enjoyed the Traditional gazpacho, garnished with peppers, cucumbers and croutons.
For dinner, I opted for the Chef's Red Sicilian Prawn Risotto, delicious to the last morsel. Anita chose from the land variety's, Thin Pounded Chicken Paillard and salad.
Needless to say, the entire time we were serenated by the lovely songs provided by Soley as he meandered his way through the restaurant. A very lovely evening indeed.
As the check was presented, we were served a small plate of complimentary tasties to crown off the evening. Anita carefully wrapped them and placed here half of the goodies into her purse for future enjoyment, I on the other hand, gobbled them down, why delay a delicious end to a wonderful evening.
Tuesday lunch is still up in the air, no shortage of choices, could be Fish Market, one of the daily specials, always wanted to try Chez Rolande, or roll the dice and see what comes up.
Of course, there is the Fashion Show at Cheval Blanc tonight followed by dinner at Bagatelle. They are having a 5-course Chef tasting menu with wine pairings, how can we resist? Music tonight is by Killian Christolomme. We will dash over quickly from the fashion show to arrive before the inside DJ music ramps up later in the evening. Probably crown off the night strolling around the harbor, soaking in the Paradise spirit.
Skies are lightening as the sun is attempting to rise in 10-minutes. Awaking my bride to head to St. Jean for a morning dip. All is good in my work world in D.C. so it's off to make the best of today!