What is the land speed record to Grand Case airport? (and other desperate questions)

jdr

SBH Insider
Can you make it 1 hr after landing at SXM?

Last month, when JetBlue changed our Sunday morning JFK flight, we took the opportunity to switch to the more leisurely late morning flight that arrives at SXM at 15:17. We had to switch to the 17:30 SBC flight out of Grand Case. Now, as I've feared all week, the weather in NYC is delaying us; we currently (barring further changes) arrive at 4:28.

If the schedule holds, I am praying SBC will help us, either holding the plane a little or maybe something will open up late day at SXM.

I have noted Esmerelda and La Plantation as having availability tonight; any other recommendations for hotels that are likely to have a room for 3 and a dog tonight?

Anyone done the ferry crossing lately? I don't think I can sell my family on it, but wondering if the seas have been abnormally calm lately? :grin1:

To answer your first question - Yes. When you get to SXM go to the SBC desk and checkin.

Esmerelda is nice. I think they take you to the airport.

Having stayed at Esmeralda many times I can confirm that they do not do airport transfers. They will arrange a taxi for you. Check the fee before getting in. It should not be more than $35-40 USD

I highly recommend Premium IV in this case. Money well spent to alleviate travel stress.

Agree on Premium IV. Ferry can be quite choppy but maybe worth getting your bodies to paradise same day. Morning flights are usually pretty empty to SBH.

JetBlue hustled out and we picked up enough time to only be about 50 minutes late. Made it to Grand Case no problem. Landed at 4:05. Left baggage at 4:30, at Grand Case by 4:55.