Thread: How much time between arriving at Juliana from SBH and departure of flight to US

SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2011 Alexandria, VA Posts: 841

How much time between arriving at Juliana from SBH and departure of flight to US

Now that the re-built airport has been in operation for a few months, how much time should we allow between our arrival from SBH on the Commuter and our departure for the US? We will have carry ons only and have Global Entry.

Senior Insider Joined: Apr 2004 Austin, TX Posts: 9,449

Re: How much time between arriving at Juliana from SBH and departure of flight to US

Quote Originally Posted by BND View Post
    Now that the re-built airport has been in operation for a few months, how much time should we allow between our arrival from SBH on the Commuter and our departure for the US? We will have carry ons only and have Global Entry.

To my knowledge, Global Entry is not valid at SXM.

Senior Insider Joined: Jul 2003 Boston Posts: 19,747

Re: How much time between arriving at Juliana from SBH and departure of flight to US

There is talk of Global Entry expanding to SXM in the future, but itís going to be years.

SBH Insider Joined: Oct 2002 Philadelphia Posts: 43,700

Bob- you didn’t say which US airline going home but others have said 90 minutes with carryon.

Andy

SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2007 Austin, Texas Posts: 17,042

Could this trip be mid-July, perhaps? Asking for a friend...
    The waves of the sea bring me back to me.

Missy: Busted!!!! Yes, mid-July it is!! Hope you will be there also, my friend. I can see a lovely dinner somewhere in our future. The situation is that on
    leaving SBH on the Commuter, we have just an hour and 15 min. from the time we land at Juliana until we take off on United. Do the gurus say take an earlier flight?

SBH Insider Joined: May 2003 Saint Barth Posts: 10,246

Missy: Busted!!!! Yes, mid-July it is!! Hope you will be there also, my friend. I can see a lovely dinner somewhere in our future. The situation is that on
    leaving SBH on the Commuter, we have just an hour and 15 min. from the time we land at Juliana until we take off on United. Do the gurus say take an earlier flight?
    In the old days I would have said plenty of time, these days, you might want to see if there is an earlier flight just for piece of mind... hope to see you in July!

Yes...I see that same lovely dinner, mes amis!

I would not be comfortable with that hour and 15 minutes...my advice, while I'm no where near guru status, is take an earlier flight.

SBH Insider Joined: Oct 2008 NYC, Nice Posts: 1,493

well if you are flying during the week 90 minutes should do it but on week ends.... give it at least 2hours plus....

We count both Ellen and Missy as extraordinary experts, even if they don't claim to be gurus!!! We'll take their advice and leave earlier.

I'm looking forward to spending time with you both!

We count both Ellen and Missy as extraordinary experts, even if they don't claim to be gurus!!! We'll take their advice and leave earlier.

I'm looking forward to spending time with you both!
    Well done, Grasshopper! (As my dear Yankee Soul Sister, amyb, always says.)