Restaurant Tamarin before Irma.

Leon

SBH Insider
I stumbled on some pictures from our pre-Irma visit and decided to share. I know that Paco and Julie with the generous help from SBH nature are bringing it back and making it even nicer.

IMGP1370.jpgIMGP1371.jpgIMGP1372.jpgIMGP1377.jpgIMGP1364.jpgIMGP1366.jpgIMGP1367.jpgIMGP1368.jpgIMGP1369.jpgFound a few pictures from 2015.IMGP1360.jpgIMGP1361.jpg

Leon, so nice to see these photos. Sadly, the Tamarin tree took a beating and is down a few limbs. I am hoping it pulls through as it makes for a majestic entrance to the property.

I've got a reservation there in a few days, for a table just to the right of the wine glass photo.

Lovely photos, Leon - thanks for sharing them. We are looking forward to dinner again there this week. With luck, the Tamarin tree will return to its former glory, as well as lunch service!

Amy, yes I know about the tree. We've been to Tamarin after Irma, were sad to see the loss of the greenery and especially the Tamarin tree trimmed down, but we're happy to see that the tree survived and has green shoots, and to see the restaurant bustling with people. Yes, we too are missing lunches there, were enjoying them from 1998 thru 3 generations of owners. We also missed Paco and Julie our last visits but their bearded manager (forgot his name) is very good and expanded the clientele much.
Kevin, the table you got, as well as the one pictured, are our favorites. They do not have the pictured olive oil any more though I think.

Amy, yes I know about the tree. We've been to Tamarin after Irma, were sad to see the loss of the greenery and especially the Tamarin tree trimmed down, but we're happy to see that the tree survived and has green shoots, and to see the restaurant bustling with people. Yes, we too are missing lunches there, were enjoying them from 1998 thru 3 generations of owners. We also missed Paco and Julie our last visits but their bearded manager (forgot his name) is very good and expanded the clientele much.
Kevin, the table you got, as well as the one pictured, are our favorites. They do not have the pictured olive oil any more though I think.

That would be Manu. I agree, the staff is very professional and attentive. The food is darn good. And no one does macaroni and cheese better.

That place was so beautiful. Unfortunately, we had a waiter who thought it was great to make fun of tourists. Perhaps something was lost in translation, but my wife will not go back.

Hi SXMbeachlover,
Sorry to hear about your negative experience. Thankfully, we have not experienced any negativity during our visits to Tamarin. Employees need to be more mindful at times. Making fun of tourists should not be tolerated. Hope you have great balance of your vacation!

Fingers crossed the tree comes back over the many years! We love the ‘room’ to the left of the main areas or amongst the trees.