FISH CORNER FOOD AND MARKET

rivertrash

Senior Insider
Jeanette and Dennis told us about this little gem that is tucked away behind ‘L Oubli in Gustavia. The freshness, variety, flavor, presentation and service is the best we have had in two weeks of dining in St Barth. We have dined at all the “high-dollar” restaurants, as well as the more modest places, and there is simply nothing from our point of view that compares. We have eaten there four times over the last two weeks and I look forward to our next meal there. We highly recommend Fish Corner.

I’am trying to figure out what tucked behind L Oulbi means? Is it on side street that goes up the hill?
4 days out and starting to make some dinner reservations!

There'a a hallway on the side of Oubli bar that's away from Le Select. Fish Corner is off of that hallway, and has a few tables that are actually in the hallway.

We had our fifth lunch at Fish Corner yesterday and they hit a home run again. This time, wahoo ceviche, tuna tataki and fish and chips. Food was fresh, service excellent and waitstaff friendly. Even got a two-sided kiss when our server found out we were leaving today!

Hi rivertrash,
Sounds as though you had a great trip. We always stop at Fish Corner, nothing beats fresh. One of the best kept secrets on the Island, IMHO.

Safe travels Dick and Cecie.

Yes, this new kid on the block has hit a home run. Nothing but raves from everyone we spoke to about this little gem.

Standing in front of L'Oubli, there's a small passageway at the left. Follow it through to Fish Corner and a small collection of shops tucked inside the atrium.

They are so good that it's very tough to get a table there. Are they still not taking reservations?

Silly question, but worth asking. I am not a seafood eater, but my husband absolutely loves it, so I am excited to get him into this place when we visit again in May. Based on their menu, it doesn't look like they offer anything other than seafood. However, most seafood restaurants tend to have at least one or two non-seafood items on the menu for folks like me. Is that not the case here?

Regardless, we'll find a way to get him in there to enjoy it!

I’am trying to figure out what tucked behind L Oulbi means? Is it on side street that goes up the hill?
4 days out and starting to make some dinner reservations!
Kevin S is right on location, also it's where Stephane & Benard shop was a few yrs ago.

I walked in last week with no reservation, but I guess my very imperfect French made them feel sorry for me. As I was eating my fantastic cold lobster salad along with a glass of cold rose at the last table in the hallway closest to Bar de L'Oubli, I was reminded what was printed on the menu at Andys "Corked wine, warm beer, lousy food and view of the car park…”. Sometimes its the places with no view that have the best food. Fish Corner is turning out some of the best and freshest seafood on the island. I loved my table in the hallway.

Wowzers, five lunches at Fish Corner. I am so happy to read you enjoyed it, Dick and Cecie. We also loved it. We would have loved more time for a few more lunches at Fish Corner to work our way through the menu.

I had the Baliste Royale which is tilefish, a mild local white fish, which was served with a meuniere sauce and mashed potatoes. It was divine. Dennis had either the mahi or the wahoo carpaccio, which he loved.

I just read online that Fish Corner is now open for dinner on Friday and Saturday starting at 7:30 p.m. Here's the menu for anyone interested. Fish Corner Menu

Wowzers, five lunches at Fish Corner. I am so happy to read you enjoyed it, Dick and Cecie. We also loved it. We would have loved more time for a few more lunches at Fish Corner to work our way through the menu.

I had the Baliste Royale which is tilefish, a mild local white fish, which was served with a meuniere sauce and mashed potatoes. It was divine. Dennis had either the mahi or the wahoo carpaccio, which he loved.

I just read online that Fish Corner is now open for dinner on Friday and Saturday starting at 7:30 p.m. Here's the menu for anyone interested. Fish Corner Menu

We had lunch there today and I asked about being open for dinner. I was told that was for high season only.