THE ORPHAN SISTERS by Shirley Dickson

amyb

Senior Insider
Set in England soon after WWI and thru WWII.

A young mother drops off her 2 very young daughters at an orphanage. This is the story of the girls' hardship, coming of age, and falling in love and becoming women of valor. The parts about the German bombings are scary and so realistic. Their struggles to survive and the people they become family to are well brought to life.

A good read.

I agree, Amy. It is another in a long list of moving war stories. Somehow, I always gravitate towards them.

We have friends who went through thew difficult process of adopting daughters in orphanages in China. It is a real life terrific story of how they turned out today. The book has been added to our list.

It is a touching and emotional tale of two sisters separated as children and their journey to reunite. The plot is well-crafted, the characters are deeply developed, and the historical setting is richly described. Dickson's writing is engrossing, and the story is filled with twists and turns that kept me engaged until the very end. Overall, a beautifully written and heartwarming novel that will tug at your heartstrings. Highly recommended for fans of historical fiction and family dramas. When faced with similar stories in life, it becomes very sad. I always try to help foster care oregon financially, because the fate of children there is very tragic.

Hi Matthew..Welcome to the forum.Another powerful story,THREE SISTERS by Heather Morris. She also wrote the acclaimed TATTOOIST OF AUSCHWITZ.