I'm a lot worried about my Delta connection (1h) as I am flying in from Toronto.

amsmulko

SBH Insider
Any advice?
Has anyone been able to do TSA Pre check for a connecting flight in ATL? I noticed that it's often not available. Does immigration take a long time without having Global Entry?

I am flying in from Toronto on April 15 and have a 1h connection in Atlanta. I have never flown from another country besides the US so I forgot I will have to go through immigration.

My global entry just expired and I noticed that with the government shut down renewals are taking much longer.

I have TSA Pre check but again that may not help as it is a connecting flight.

Thanks!

PS I had a horrible time finding decent flights as I am not on the East Coast. I'm actually flying to Toronto for 6 days from ORD in order to catch this flight to ATL.
You East Coasters are super lucky.

I recommend getting Global Entry now because it could takes months. Getting PreCheck goes without saying.

they normally do not do tsa precheck in atlanta for connecting flights from an international flight. 1 hour will be a tight squeeze as the lines are always long. last time I was there, I had a 45 minute window and the lines were about 70 to 80 people long. knew there was no way I would make the flight, so I gave one of the people close to the entrance a 20 and he let me in front of him. I still barely made it as I was coming into atlanta from an international flight from sxm going to a destination in the usa. it might be different going in the other direction.

Check with your airline. Many flights from Toronto to the US clear Immigration and Customs in Toronto.

Have only been thru ATL couple times, but being such a large airport...I could go on & on here, do check with the airline asap if you haven't already ! There might be the train involved too...I don't know how an hour is considered a "legal" connection or did you do your tix separately ?

If you do have to clear customs and immigration download the Mobile Passport app. In most cases it is just as fast as Global Entry (sometimes faster). It is only at select airports but ATL is one of them. I've used it multiple times at IAD and MIA.