Delta flights

Hulagirl202

SBH Member
Just wanted to give anyone who’s flying Delta to SXM that they have changed their flight times. Just happened to notice when I went to check my seat location and got a change notification on the page I pulled up. They changed my flight to arrive the next day. They also changed my husband’s flight where he could no longer make his connections. Friends from Chicago and Boston had the same problem. Apparently they are no longer flying on Tuesday and Wednesday. And other days have been changed. So check your flights if you’re flying this fall. I did ask when they planned to let us know this information but they had no answer to that.

So sorry to hear of your flight problems. I feel your pain! It is very frustrating and stressful!!!!!

I hope Delta didn't charge you.

I feel your pain as I usually book 1 year out as I'm often in Europe for a month so I need to get an apartment.
Delta changed by direct transatlantic flight to one with 2 stops AND DIDN'T INFORM ME. I found out at the check in counter.

Just happy I caught it and we were able to rebook. Even though it cost us more. Just can’t wait to get back.
Why did it cost you more ? DL has inconvenienced you so DL shouldn't charge. Don't give up, there are rules DL needs to follow.

Why did it cost you more ? DL has inconvenienced you so DL shouldn't charge. Don't give up, there are rules DL needs to follow.
I had to cancel my flight and rebook on JetBlue for $50 more to get a flight into SXM early enough to get on the SB Commuter. My husband's flight was rebooked without any cost.

Our direct flight home on Delta in late Fall (SXM to JFK) was replaced with a connecting flight through Atlanta that arrives around midnight. Needless to say we will be switching it to a direct Jet Blue Flight.

The silver lining is we decided use this to our advantage and cancel and re-book both legs and will now come down a day earlier and spend the additional day/night on SXM and then we can take an earlier flight to SBH which will gain us a beach afternoon on SXM and a second partial beach day on SBH due to earlier arrival.

We are going down in late April on JetBlue from JFK and returning on Delta.

JetBlue emailed in early March to inform us they were moving our 8:30 flight UP to almost 7:30. Call us wimps, but this traveling circus does not do well getting out early in the AM, so I explored options and moved to the much later and relaxed 11:11 flight on Saturday. They made the change for free, though we had to scramble our SBC plans and now have to get to Grand Case for the 17:30 (also a free change). If we were going to have to spend any $, I wanted to spend it on an extra day on the island, so that worked out.

I just checked our Monday, 4/29 Delta return and it is unchanged, mercifully. Looking forward to getting back to JFK at 6:59 and not doing the Atlanta connection dash for the 3rd year in a row.

Having learned from all the experiences of others, I added the Delta app to my phone and I (rather obsessively) check my future trip details daily! It's a good thing I did because my early morning AUS-ATL departure was changed (with no prior notification) which didn't allow for enough time to make my ATL-SXM connection. Soooooo....I give Delta a ring and we make the necessary changes which involve an overnight at ATL, but a much earlier SXM arrival on the following day. No extra charges were involved with Delta and SBC accommodated my change with no extra cost. All's well that ends well (in this case). I'm no dummy...I'll continue to check my app for potential future changes and adjust accordingly.

How do airlines get away with not informing ticket holders of these flight changes? Mind boggling.....

They want your email only to send promos I think or to up your credit card. I check our reservations often too, so far so good AA for May SJU ! Missy lucked out !

They want your email only to send promos I think or to up your credit card. I check our reservations often too, so far so good AA for May SJU ! Missy lucked out !
I'm certainly counting my lucky stars, as my Grams would say!

I just got an e-mail from Delta stating that my direct flight is now a connecting flight thru Atlanta
of course I had to change (really Vincent did the change) my Winair flight to accommodate the change and it cost me an extra 80 euros

I just got an e-mail from Delta stating that my direct flight is now a connecting flight thru Atlanta
of course I had to change (really Vincent did the change) my Winair flight to accommodate the change and it cost me an extra 80 euros

So, you ACTUALLY got notified by Delta that your flight had changed? You are one special man, Henry! ;)

When we had skd changes on USairways or AA & a Winair flight to SBH was affected, Winair didn't charge us, that was then, you got the now !