Dinner Le Toiny 3/23/2019

krand1

SBH Insider
For our last meal :laughing-cry: this trip we chose the lovely dining room at Toiny. The mahi-mahi "fritters" that were served as an amuse bouche were so good we became bold and asked for more. We then turned to the menu which we felt was limited. Five starters and five main courses were offered. I was disappointed because I remember the menu from two years ago (before Irma) being much more extensive and interesting. Also disappointing (although I was prepared after reading this forum) was the Parmesan Risotto that has been taken off the menu. They did have a mushroom risotto which is what I chose and it was rich and delicious. Neither my husband or I opted for a starter (unusual for us) simply because none of the five choices appealed. My husband ordered the prime beef ( I can't remember exactly the name of the dish) and he loved it. I really do not like a small menu so not sure if we would rush back next trip. The lunch menu at the beach club is much more extensive and interesting so maybe we will just keep to lunch at Toiny for now. I must mention that the service at dinner last night was wonderful. Everyone we had contact with were charming and the pace was perfect.

Even though the menu is limited which disappointed you, it sounds like you both had wonderful meals. Thank you for reviewing it.

Wishing you safe travels home. When is your next trip to St. Barts? Thank you for taking time to write about your adventures, was a pleasure to read.

dadto6 thank you, we got home safe and sound. Quite an easy travel day as they go. Our next trip will be next March sometime, depending on the availability dates of a villa that we are eyeing. Although I have been hinting that a short November trip might be something to think about...;)

Anita and I are getting close to count down mode for our April trip. Let the tingling begin...
We always go early November, great time to visit and enjoy the Island. When is a bad time? Right! Hope it works out for your short November trip.
Bob