Sunday dinner suggestions for 1st night?

MantyPam

SBH Insider
After having to postpone our trip this week due to illness, we were fortunate to be able to reschedule to April. We’re arriving on a Sunday for the first time, and our usual first night choice, Le Bananiers is closed, as is Eddy’s.

Any suggestions for a relatively casual dinner? Our days starts at 3 am and we hit St. Bart’s around 4:30, so something casual and not drawn out is ideal. We usually do the 3 pm seating for Nikki Beach on Sunday’s, but not sure we’re up for even a late dinner there after traveling all day!
Thanks!

What Amy said, and I would add Creperie as an option too. Or L’Isoletta if in an Italian mood. Have a great trip.

Thank you, Amy. Both excellent suggestions! Looking forward to trying QG. I was thinking of saving Santa Fe for a night we’re more alert, but it might be a good first night celebration!

The above suggestions of Le Repaire, QG, Creperie, and Santa Fe are all good.

I personally recommend choosing Le Repaire in Gustavia for your "first night" dinner. It's casual, you can almost always get a table without a reservation, the food is consistently good, and prices are "reasonable" for St Barth. With a varied menu, you can eat light or you can eat heavy, whichever feels right at the time. I also recommend checking the Specials board, which often has some interesting things on it. Le Repaire has become our default restaurant - when we can't decide where to go for lunch or dinner we go to Le Repaire, which means that we eat there 2-3 times a week when we're on St Barth. When Hideaway closed, Le Repaire became our "first night" choice. With a "different" travel schedule on our upcoming trip, arriving at 08:00, it will be our "first breakfast" choice.

My backup recommendation would be for QG, Quartier Général, the newest restaurant from Hervé of Le Rivage, BBQ, O'Corner, and Coté Port fame. It's diagonally across from the Post Office in Gustavia. Hervé's restaurants are always in our restaurant rotation.

Creperie, low-key, and with a simple menu, wouldn't be a bad choice either. We visit there once or twice a week too.

Santa Fé is more of a lunch restaurant for us, when we can enjoy the view. On our upcoming trip, it will probably be "second-night dinner", so that our guests who arrive that afternoon can enjoy the mussels.

We had dinner at QG on Sunday in January of this year--and really liked it-give it a shot you will not be disappointed-nice Vibe-great service and food is reasonably priced--

We had dinner at QG on Sunday in January of this year--and really liked it-give it a shot you will not be disappointed-nice Vibe-great service and food is reasonably priced--

Any concerns with the smoking? The reviews that mention heavy smokers is holding me back from booking it.

there were some smokers when I was there in January-not near us so it was not a concern-but I did see one couple asked to be moved-

When I've asked, QG has been very good about trying to seat me away from potential smokers.
So if it’s crowded with no option to sit away from smoking- then what? In the old days that kept me away from Le Entracte for years.

I guess that would be a problem then---but honestly, it was not an issue when we were there and the place was packed!!