Booked for Le Select Anniversary!

marybeth

Senior Insider
Just had to post...so excited. We decided to move our November trip, typically around Thanksgiving, to earlier so we could enjoy the festivities. I found a villa and Randy did the rest: flights, car and deposit done. Hope to see you there!

No longer having a work schedule or a number of vacation days limitation, I front-loaded an extra week.

We did the same thing...usually go the first week of December, which backs up to Thanksgiving weekend this year. Our son will be a first year in college this fall and will be home on the day we would normally head to paradise. Easy decision for us to move the trip up! Praying for no rain at this party. We got drenched in 2009.

That's great news, Marybeth! And, good for you, Kevin! Retirement is all we talk about but we have a few years left to go, gosh darn it.

Friday the 8th...but the celebration will be held over many days. The actual 70th is November 11th.

Welcome to the forum.

There probably is no calendar of events this far out. The dates that I've heard bracket the weekend of November 9-10, with both Friday the 8th and Monday the 11th mentioned. If need be, I'll figure it out when I get there.

The villa we are staying at is owned by someone who has been here for a while. There is this wonderful framed picture of Marius from the 60th with all sorts of notes from people. Back then it seems that things were going on from at least the 10th to 14th.

We've just booked out Nov trip and are definitely happy to be there for this celebration.

so many people will be on the island, it will be like new year's eve X 2. I am betting when Marius opened select, he did not imagine that his place would survive 70 years, and it did not change that much. looking forward to seeing many friends on the island.

We went to St Barts in November 2009 for Marious' birthday party. Jimmy Buffett gave a free concert on the Quay. It was a blast! So much fun! We may have to add November in for this year! I'm in my tenth year of retirement! No scheduling issues!