The New Lil'Rock Opens in St. Jean Beach

EddyG

SBH Insider
Last year Lil'Rock was opened for just a few months, but quickly became very popular because of the laid back beach attitude.

It just re-opened with the same vibe -maybe better.

On my affordability scale I give it 5 stars, a Carib was 4 euros - a great value on the beach. Cheeseburger and fries are 21e.

They will be open from 12 until 6 - closed on Tuesdays - and the full menu until 4 - tapas after that.

Soley was there for the opening.

It's in between the Pearl and Eden Rock. Park in the municipal parking lot and walk along the beach to get there.

DSC06304e.jpg

DSC06306e.jpg

DSC06309e.jpg

DSC06310e.jpg

DSC06311e.jpg

DSC06313e.jpg

DSC06314e.jpg

DSC06315e.jpg

DSC06317e.jpg

DSC06319e.jpg

DSC06320e.jpg

DSC06323e.jpg

. . . looks very nice, Eddy — thanks for the photos. Maybe a cross between Chez Francine & Pearl (Perle?) / Tom Beach? I see potential for my new “office!”

Thanks Eddy. Cannot wait to try it. I'm with Dennis ...... might become a "habitat".

Looks wonderful, Eddie - thank you for sharing. I felt my BP lowering while looking at these photos. As others have stated, this could be habit forming! ;-)

Hi,
We were at the Sand Bar yesterday and only saw the Lil' Rock when we took a walk down the beach. We will definitely pop by next week. Does anyone know what they charge for lounge chairs there? Thanks !

Been a while, amyb, but life's been busy. Enjoying every moment this trip. And look at you two, stepping out to the Baz Bar! Very good!

Hi,
We were at the Sand Bar yesterday and only saw the Lil' Rock when we took a walk down the beach. We will definitely pop by next week. Does anyone know what they charge for lounge chairs there? Thanks !

I sent them an email a couple days ago to inquire about chair cost and they replied that it is 35 Euro for one lounge chair/towel included.

L'il Rock looks fantastic and had a nice vibe. We tried to stop by for a late afternoon cocktail without much luck. They weren't sure what to do with us since we didn't have a reservation. There were no bar stools, but several open tables for two with a nice ocean view. We were offered a table at the far back of the restaurant behind the bar. We passed and had a drink at Pearl Beach.

. . .from your comment & those of others, Jeanette, it sounds like the owners / proprietors have a good concept, but are failing in execution. I hope, for their sake, that they figure it out . . . if “it” matters to them to have loyalty of long term guests.