do you feel lucky?

desperado

SBH Member
two airlines that fly the max 8 in north america......american and southwest airlines. because of the last two crashes of the max 8, other countries are grounding the max 8 planes till the bugs have been fixed. wonder why these two airlines think the risk is worth it?

never trust an airline that does not put safety first.

supposedly the FAA says they are OK to fly......we have an AA flight in early April to SXM....I'm crossing my fingers that the problem is fixed by then or that AA pulls the planes from service...

"supposedly the FAA says they are OK to fly." What do they know? They don't even know what happened recently.

"supposedly the FAA says they are OK to fly." What do they know?

The FAA also claims Allegiant Air is safe to fly...

Logically, I know the odds, but you still could not get me on the Max 8 for all the $$ in the world. For once I’m glad to be flying United next week to St. Bart’s! :cool:

An update: Southwest airlines is offering free changes to people who do not wish to fly the max 8 airplane. they have a lot of planes in their fleet besides the max 8. American is not, but you can check the type of plane you will be flying when you book, but sometimes they change planes at the last minute.

19 countries have grounded the max 8 until all the kinks are worked out. england and france will not even allow max 8 airplanes from other countries to even enter their airspace.

I feel sorry for the pilots, they have been left with few choices.

Apparently several pilots flying the Max 8 complained online about certain quirks the plane had before the current accident. When in automode the plane has a tendency to self correct with nose down and at high speed.

Well, I don't think anyone will need to worry about this now.... at least not anyone who has flights to/from the US, Canada and Europe.... and some other countries.

an emergency ordered has just been issued to ground all max 8 planes in the usa, nor will any max 8 planes be allowed into the airspace.

Interesting that the USA was the last country in the world to recognize this. How well does our government management take care of us?

Very few of the flights on Southwest and American will apparently be affected. Southwest says less than 4% so the 'upheaval' should be minimal. Poor Boeing though who has 5000 of them on order!

Poor Boeing????? Once the investigation is over they will either fix the problem or be exonerated. Either way they will continue on. It may be a good time to throw some $ or € their way.