Swimming at Lorient

Both bakeries are open post-Irma. When I stay on Lorient in November, the surfers are out almost every day, but that's a different time of year. The mid-beach shack is actually a surf shack, which I've never seen open.

I have seen people toting their boards up at the shack for storage, Kevin. A ‘crescent beach’ or Anse can be rough but is usually calm and good for little ones to swim and play.

Scotik,

We have just returned, and I am so sorry that I did not see your post until now. What a great summary of Lorient. We stayed at the far end towards St. Jean. That put us very close to one of the bakeries, the grocery store and 2 pizza places. It worked out well. We did miss having a beach bar, but we made do (I, too, enjoy a cocktail or two). ;) As you mentioned, the wind was very consistent, which had us chasing things across the yard now and again. That said, we stayed comfortably cool on even the hottest days. It was our first time visiting during Spring Break and the Bucket (we are now slaves to the school schedule), so we were a little surprised by how busy the island was. That made us enjoy the relative peace and quiet of Lorient even more. We would totally book there again. Thanks so much for your input.

P.S. I remember Tiger Williams. Fond memories of seeing games with my dad. No helmet, right?

How to explain these barracuda attacks?
This is a very painful incident but fortunately rather rare.A woman was attacked by a barracuda at Bois Jolan last week.
She was bathing with the family, when she was severelybitten on the right foot. It had to be operated urgently; the surgeon extractedfrom his foot two barracuda teeth. How to explain this attack?
Another theory could explain these attacks ... In a 2016 statement,the Guadeloupe National Park explains that "the attacks are often in areaswhere food remains are thrown into the sea for various reasons. fed andconsider men as "easy" food providers, attacking them when they donot get them ... "
A few years ago, "barracuda attacks" were recordedin Gosier, on the Datcha beach. A 9-year-old boy had his foot lacerated by whatappeared to be a barracuda. A year later at the end of the year, Guadeloupe hadrecorded 3 attacks in one month in this same area. A woman bitten at the thighon the beach of a hotel, a 49-year-old man bitten on the side at the Datcha.Each time, the culprit identified is a "big" barracuda. The barracudais a territorial predator, not shy. He is not frightened by the presence of men,quite the contrary. In particular, a human wearing jewels, piercing orrhinestones on swimsuits, looks like a wriggling fish shining in the sun ... inother words to prey ...

This is a fact stbartshopper ! The skeeters love my husband and he can go a bit cuckoo with them. The wind almost entirely kept them away!

Scotik,

We have just returned, and I am so sorry that I did not see your post until now. What a great summary of Lorient. We stayed at the far end towards St. Jean. That put us very close to one of the bakeries, the grocery store and 2 pizza places. It worked out well. We did miss having a beach bar, but we made do (I, too, enjoy a cocktail or two). ;) As you mentioned, the wind was very consistent, which had us chasing things across the yard now and again. That said, we stayed comfortably cool on even the hottest days. It was our first time visiting during Spring Break and the Bucket (we are now slaves to the school schedule), so we were a little surprised by how busy the island was. That made us enjoy the relative peace and quiet of Lorient even more. We would totally book there again. Thanks so much for your input.

P.S. I remember Tiger Williams. Fond memories of seeing games with my dad. No helmet, right?
I'll be honest, I hated Tiger Williams, one of the dirtiest, cheap shot players in history...but I always got a chuckle out of this anyway...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLc4SIrdbiM

Jim A, when you move from Little Rock, Arkansas to Vancouver, Canada in the early eighties and have no idea what hockey is and why all the other kids are so excited by it. It was easy to become a fan of Tiger, wasn’t sure what was always going on but knew when his line was playing something exciting was going to happen :)

Jim A, when you move from Little Rock, Arkansas to Vancouver, Canada in the early eighties and have no idea what hockey is and why all the other kids are so excited by it. It was easy to become a fan of Tiger, wasn’t sure what was always going on but knew when his line was playing something exciting was going to happen :)
:up: