SBH fan & great lady leaves us

cec1

Senior Insider
Many Forum friends had occasion to meet my lovely mother (among the world’s best, ever!) as she frequently visited on the island with Wendy and me. Through beaches, parties, Jimmy Buffett concerts, celebrity sightings (being greeted by Paul McCartney!), hundreds of meals, many bottles of Rose, long travel distances, and even a storm-driven evacuation from the island, “Pat” unfailingly loved being with us in celebrating St. Barths. As a close friend says, “she got it!” And she met and enjoyed so many Forum friends along the way.

On Sunday, however, after a great run of 95 years, Mom’s spirited joie de vivre came to an end, with her inimitable grace and dignity. Uniquely in these years, a friendship developed between Mom & Marius as they always remembered — and sometimes came together to celebrate — their birthdays, being the same age. As Marius would remind her each time, “we came over on the same boat!”

It is, of course, with great sadness that I write of Mom’s passing. I wanted to note for all, however, the pleasure that she knew on St. Barths . . . and in knowing many of you. Thank you for all of the kindness shown to her.

Hi Dennis,
Please accept my sincere condolences regarding the loss of your Mother. Having lost mine as well, I can appreciate the hole left in your heart.

Many Forum friends had occasion to meet my lovely mother (among the world’s best, ever!) as she frequently visited on the island with Wendy and me. Through beaches, parties, Jimmy Buffett concerts, celebrity sightings (being greeted by Paul McCartney!), hundreds of meals, many bottles of Rose, long travel distances, and even a storm-driven evacuation from the island, “Pat” unfailingly loved being with us in celebrating St. Barths. As a close friend says, “she got it!” And she met and enjoyed so many Forum friends along the way.

On Sunday, however, after a great run of 95 years, Mom’s spirited joie de vivre came to an end, with her inimitable grace and dignity. Uniquely in these years, a friendship developed between Mom & Marius as they always remembered — and sometimes came together to celebrate — their birthdays, being the same age. As Marius would remind her each time, “we came over on the same boat!”

It is, of course, with great sadness that I write of Mom’s passing. I wanted to note for all, however, the pleasure that she knew on St. Barths . . . and in knowing many of you. Thank you for all of the kindness shown to her.

Dennis asked me to post this picture.

Dennis Pat Marius Wendy (1).jpg

Dennis, sorry to read about your mom who you'd spoken of lovingly when we all had dinner together late January. Wonderful picture of you all that was posted by Phil. A long life well lived with her visits to paradise on earth ! Nancy & Doug

Ever the epitome of elegance...Rest well, Mrs. Pat.

Hugs to you, Dennis, and all those surrounding you that feel this grand loss. I'm so sorry.

Dennis, please know your lovely Mom, Pat, and your entire family, are in our thoughts and prayers at this time. We send our heartfelt condolences to you and your family. What a wonderful photo Phil posted; she was a beautiful lady.

Gayle & Gary

Your mother was a grand lady, Dennis! Please accept our condolences. When your parent dies, it is akin to the passing of the torch. I know your treasured memories of her will comfort you and Wendy.