Dejeuner - where shall we dine?

Jeanette

Senior Insider
Hello everyone. We leave for our annual Bucket adventure in a little more than two weeks and I am starting to think about lunch. Compared to last year, there's an abundance of lunch options for our 9-day trip. We already have a Sunday early reservation at Nikki Beach and lunch on a boat one day. That leaves another 7 lunches. I've come up with a shortlist of a few first-time restaurants for us and a few worth repeating. Am I missing any place we should try?

First time
La Langouste
Grain de Sel
Toiny Beach Club
Fish Corner

Repeats
Shellona
L'Isoletta
General Quartier

I recommend Manapany but ask for feet in sand. Also Moules and Frites with David on Friday and Gouverneur before and after. Mango is very good as well.
Hamburgers and le Ti at le Select!

Thank you, Libby and Hopper. Pearl Beach, Manapany and Santa Fe are all great recommendations.

Rosé and a beach picnic is always lovely and we did that almost every day last year since there weren't many other options. We want to try a few new restaurants this year and go back to a few favorites that were closed last year.

Note-Santa Fe is closed Wednesdays. Friday is their day for moules frites if they arrive from France...reservations a must for lunch and dinner on Fridays. At lunchtime David provides complementary valet parking.

This might be too late for your trip, but why are you doing lunch at General Quartier? Why not do dinner there instead? I only ask because there is no view and not a particularly great daytime setting type of place. I'll put in a plug for Café Gloriette just down the road. While it's also inside, they have big front windows and it's very light inside. It's also a much lighter option than some lunch places, so if you're doing a blow out dinner somewhere, doing lunch here might be a perfect fit.

I'm with Bart in recommending Cafe Gloriette . . . for all the reasons he mentioned and because it has great people working there!

I'm with Bart in recommending Cafe Gloriette . . . for all the reasons he mentioned and because it has great people working there!

Christopher! Most gorgeous spot on the island. The chairs were 30€ each. And what service!
best pool boys ever. And great lunch.