When we fell in love with St. Barths

Our first trip was also in 2006... I don't love to fly, OMG... quite the flight, did a nosedive at the end and haven't had one quite like that since. Thank God. Just when I thought the worst of the travel was over, we had to follow our villa guide zipping on his motor scooter all the way out to Marigot... We wondered what in the world we had gotten ourselves into, but by the end of our trip, we realized that SBH was our vacation heaven forever. We've been at least once or twice a year ever since...

"The typical near-death survivor emerged from the experience with a heightened sense of appreciation for life and a determination to live life to the fullest..." - a report of near-death-experiencers by Kenneth Ring as summarized here.

"The typical near-death survivor emerged from the experience with a heightened sense of appreciation for life and a determination to live life to the fullest..." - a report of near-death-experiencers by Kenneth Ring as summarized here.

I can see that. My husband has that sense of life after a medical issue that was caught early. I think our pilots that day were giving us the full SBH flight experience. Another lady on board actually ducked and screamed. I am thankful for every flight that glides in slowly now.

Hi Tiffany,
Sounds like a great plan for Senior pics. Is your dance daughter going as well?
Yes...we are headed that way right after Nuvo is over. Please pray for no snow. Our last DC comp, Jump in January, ended up with a snowstorm drive home. No fun. I NEED to get home this time to be on the plane south the following morning. :cool:

I can see that. My husband has that sense of life after a medical issue that was caught early. I think our pilots that day were giving us the full SBH flight experience. Another lady on board actually ducked and screamed. I am thankful for every flight that glides in slowly now.
That might have been me with the scream & the duck to look at the floor, have done this trip so many times over 20+ & gets more difficult each time. Years ago when lived on St Croix & working along the harbour, I would see one of the seaplane pilots at the bar near the plane ramp...coffee tho ! Glad you continue to return to this paradise we all love !

That might have been me with the scream & the duck to look at the floor, have done this trip so many times over 20+ & gets more difficult each time. Years ago when lived on St Croix & working along the harbour, I would see one of the seaplane pilots at the bar near the plane ramp...coffee tho ! Glad you continue to return to this paradise we all love !
Lol. I am thankful every time we land there safely.

Jody and I went to Manapany for our delayed honeymoon about twenty years ago. Marion the bartender said get out of here and rent a car! While we stayed at Mananapy and we did all that Marion said: Columbia, Saline, St Jean, Charles at Guanahania ( I had a blue blazer and tie) for piano and dancing fell in love with crab salads at l'oubil. Disregard all the mispellings,
for Marion was a hero for us and we are forever thankful to him. We have returned each year with one exception and shall continue to do so.
GeorgeD

1985 for us...had business trip in St. Croix and thought we would try St. Bart’s...stayed at Manapany their opening year...spend most of our time at Select enjoying cheap Heinekens and fell in love with Tamarin when Cat was the owner and BouBou was the waiter..
never looked back

2003. Sereno. I did enough research to convince ourselves that we would love the island, but were daunted by the trip and prices. A mid-May package at Sereno was just the ticket. We were in love that night, drinking at the bar with practically nobody around in the darkness and breeze at Grand Cul de Sac. We stayed mostly to that end of the island, eating multiple meals at Gloriette and Le Rivage.

For years, we remained "hotel" people, benefitting (pre-kid) from low season package deals. A combination of food allergies making it easier to cook on our own and soaring hotel prices finally converted us to villas in 2016, and that has allowed us to recapture the sense of peace we had on the earliest trips.

Fun fact: the last time we stayed at Eden Rock in 2008, you could stay in the rooms behind the Sand Bar for 395/night, with breakfast and a car every day, and a dinner at the Rock during the stay. We moved on to Guanahani in 2010 and 2011 and they had great packages once you hit low season.

Gawsh! Where do I start...

Many years ago my, now departed, friend Clint and his wife, the unstoppable Joan, suggested we try this little ole isle that they honeymooned on. We'd done a bit of the Carib but had missed this one. It was... Yep! ... the place. How else could we have found Saba and its wonders? Just kinda kidding cause SBH (Saba is a wonder unto its own) has been our "home base" in the Carib since then for soooooo long.

So many friends we've met, so many incredible times, so much feeling like we are next door to heaven.

Checking out other parts of the world is cool for us. But, coming back to SBH is always coming back to our 2nd home.

May it always be the :D:cool::happy1::guitar::party::pray1: place we know.

I think it was in the early 2000s when we finally took the short plane hop from St Martin to St. Barts. I'll check the guest book in our villa when we arrive for the date, as it shows our first visit. WOW! That was it. Ever since, I have always referred to our annual and semiannual visits to St. Barts as our "nonnegotiable" travel destination. Everywhere else we go can always wait, but not St Barts. Time to start the countdown!!!