Victoria Opens - Used to be Buccaneer, etc. in Gustavia

sadly there are ashtrays on the tables at a totally enclosed restaurant, when will SBH catch up with the rest of the civilized world and ban smoking inside restaurants...

Here are a few mobile phone photos from my pal Eve. She enjoyed an aperitif at Victoria.
Victoria outdoor table 1.jpgVictoria cocktails.jpgVictoria cocktails 2.jpgVictoria food 1.jpgVictoria food 2.jpg

We ate there one of the first nights it was open. Working out the kinks, average food and catering to the clubby set. It is a fabulous location, one of the reasons we decided to try it out, unfortunately, when we were there they kept the doors shut (and allowed people to smoke, which is annoying).

Lovely pictures you posted!
We walked by there a few evenings ago and it indeed does look very nice...outside seating is a huge plus, especially in that spot.

Did anyone read that this restaurant is fashioned after a very famous restaurant of the same name in Paris?
Looks like the same logo and similar architectural style.

Wow! Such a gorgeous location. I can't wait until we can enjoy an early dinner there.

I'm excited to dine there next month! We're planning either breakfast or cocktails. They sent me the breakfast menu and it looks quite reasonable with some nice options!

Vic_break_1.png

We came there for both lunch and dinner on the same day. It is of course subjective but I think the lunch was better and more cheery. The food is great but it is on a cafe level, not restaurant.

We went tonight for dinner, it was.... Ok. We ordered a pizza and several tapas to share (and two cocktails). The food was good, but nothing outstanding. Maybe the main courses are better. The staff was very kind to us and our children, and very quick with bringing things out. I wouldn't go out of my way to go back, but the cocktails were good! Right now they have some good specials - free pizza with purchase of bottle of wine, tapas BOGO, all cocktails $10. All in all, it was good but didn't knock my socks off. The ambiance is fantastic.

Thanks for your informative report. It's not widely known, but Victoria is currently being run by the Shell Beach/La Guerite team. There may be a major change when the Goose reopens, and has a better ability to run Shell Beach and Victoria themselves.

We also went to Shellona, and they had a much better flow. I think that may be because they have been open longer, but it also be because of what we ordered. Both are great locations and have great ambiance. Victoria is definitely more "kid friendly" as far as menu options go.

Until Bananiers reopens we had the pizza at Villa Creole’s L’Ardoise located in St Jean. Good pizza, reasonable prices, and kid friendly. Very popular with locals. So go early, like 7, in order to beat the smokers.