Best lunch spot to watch the Carneval Parade!

stbartshopper

Senior Insider
We had dinner at La Repaire Tuesday night. Always good value pricewise and consistently tasty food and great service. They still have room for lunch on the day of the parade. We have celebrated it twice there and it is a “hoot.” Make your reservation soon.

I am not a longtime member here, but I have no idea why a few of you constantly give him a hard time and nitpick every post of his. IMO it was a very helpful post for those of us who don't know these tips.

I am not a longtime member here, but I have no idea why a few of you constantly give him a hard time and nitpick every post of his. IMO it was a very helpful post for those of us who don't know these tips.
I agree. Personally I enjoy Hoppers posts for two reasons. He obviously loves St Barts and the people who live on and visit the island. Also he invests time to keep threads moving and introduces new ideas.

Deflection; I,m still a fan of stbartshopper. Do not understand people that spend their time pointing out misspelling. Additionally I do enjoy Andnaps contributions to this forum. Without him, there probably would not be a forum. He is definitly the reason we have this back and forth about this beautiful island. He is a better man than I.

Deflection; I,m still a fan of stbartshopper. Do not understand people that spend their time pointing out misspelling. Additionally I do enjoy Andnaps contributions to this forum. Without him, there probably would not be a forum. He is definitly the reason we have this back and forth about this beautiful island. He is a better man than I.

Nah- what I do is dry. I have to poke a little sometimes. :party: There are more spelling correctors here than I.

it seems this has been going on for some time . . .

Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 15.27.24.png

Best place . . . what’s the route? I seem to recall that it might have changed, without passing Le Repaire.

https://www.sbhonline.com/forums/sh...e-Repaire-restaurant?highlight=Carnaval+route
Best place . . . what’s the route? I seem to recall that it might have changed, without passing Le Repaire.

Oh NO! The humanity. :biglaugh:

From last year

BFF545E0-0CA5-4CDC-B9F1-7415CCD39C42.jpeg

Also this. https://www.sbhonline.com/forums/sh...e-Repaire-restaurant?highlight=Carnaval+route

And this one

Thank you. We notified our friends who always have a streetside table there. We decided not to partake this year and enjoy tranquility on the other side of the island.

No mention of this year’s route yet.

My geography may be flawed (je ne suis pas le ministre de la géographie) but it appears to me that this year's Mardi Gras route will pass by La Rapeare:

"Les véhicules composant la parade, emprunteront les rues suivantes :
Route de sous le Fort (voie 209), rue République, rue du Bord de Mer, rue Samuel Fahlberg, rue Jeanne d’Arc, rue Augustin Cagan, rue de la Presqu’ile, rue Piteä, rue Schoelcher entre les rues Piteä et Attwater, rue Attwater entre les rues Schœlcher et Jeanne d’Arc."

from TropikFM's FB

Regardless of the route , I thought Le Select was the best place to watch the parade. Many of the online posters spend the day there so at least you have plenty of company too.

Well in English it's Carnival, but Carnaval in French.. the "carne" part being related to meat...or the removing of meat from the diet during Lent for those who observe... for those who are on island next Tuesday, have fun!

Well in English it's Carnival, but Carnaval in French.. the "carne" part being related to meat...or the removing of meat from the diet during Lent for those who observe... for those who are on island next Tuesday, have fun!

The derivation has been traced back to earlier days and connected to Carna, "a protective Roman Goddess... who brings strength of the physical body" and whose "name is related to the Latin caro - flesh". In advancing the spread of Christianity, it was recognized that adopting pagan festivals could help foster conversion - "it is certainly impossible to eradicate all errors from obstinate minds at one stroke, and whoever wishes to climb to a mountain top climbs gradually step by step" as Pope Gregory I put it....

A caveat is that this may be folk etymology...

Hate to be a stick in the mud, but I’ll stay on my Les Mouettes patio that day