Thread: AA Schedule changes again for SXM via CLT

SBH Insider Joined: Sep 2017 Posts: 1,040

AA Schedule changes again for SXM via CLT

Heads up if ticketed AA, not only a sked change from Winair/WM today, but another from AA. Will go thru SJU & do Tradewind instead tho overnites. Done, no SXM, now SJU, done. Don't let AA tell you that you can't change cities when have significant time change. Sked change came thru on 2/3/19, no notification from AA tho. Check your reservations frequently !
    Last edited by NancySC; 02-06-2019 at 08:01 PM. Reason: New info

SBH Member Joined: Nov 2013 Posts: 122

Re: AA Schedule changes again for SXM via CLT

Can you explain what happened and when you are flying?

I'm sorry you had to go through the agrievation but it looks like you have a better option now.

Quote Originally Posted by amsmulko View Post
    Can you explain what happened and when you are flying?

I'm sorry you had to go through the agrievation but it looks like you have a better option now.
    Flying in a couple of months. Had ticketed months ago on AA via SXM from CLT, couple Winair sked changes, then AA put one thru with very long layover in SXM & CLT on return to get to home airport of SAV. So instead of going thru SXM, we're now going via SJU r/t on American still, flying Tradewind instead of Winair for to/from SBH.

SBH Member Joined: Apr 2009 Maryland Posts: 178

A friend traveling with us in April had the same thing happen. We are all on AA heading home and our flight SXM to CLT was moved 2 hours later. My friend got bumped to a flight 2 hours later from CLT to DCA as well but ours were left alone. She is very upset because now she lands after midnight. After calling the only option they gave her was a refund.

Ugh. I feel your pain on flight changes after our last trip. Delta cancelled our ATL-SXM flight altogether last October and put us on a flight a day earlier each way without notifying us. They ended up refunding us and I've learned not to try mid-week flights in the offseason. Good luck.

SBH Insider Joined: Dec 2013 Indianapolis, Indiana, U.S.A. Posts: 9,168

You will enjoy the SJU Tradewind route so much more than SXM except sorry for the overnight! Next day though you will be in paradise!

Oh yes we know ! and we can try Le Jardin for breakfast before going to the U !

SBH Insider Joined: Aug 2013 Northern Virginia Posts: 2,168

Just Love Le Jardin

Dad & others, your recommendations are the reason, 1st time out for breakfast while on SBH.

SBH Insider Joined: Feb 2015 Martinsville, NJ Posts: 1,754

Quote Originally Posted by NancySC View Post
    Dad & others, your recommendations are the reason, 1st time out for breakfast while on SBH.
    Nancy, you will not be disappointed!!