Is the Winair connection at SXM as easy as the SBC connection?

LouiseL

SBH Member
Since we are arriving next week I’ve been closely watching everyone’s experiences making the transfers at SXM. Have not seen a lot about the Winair experience. Coming in on the Delta flight we choose Winair because they have so many flights. Any help would appreciated. Thanks, Louise.

agreed...the airport process is the same. The obvious differences between the two is that Winair has more flights vs SBC...and that Winair is more expensive. Our overall customer service experience with SBC has been exceptional......I could not say the same for Winair

I avoid Winair at all costs. More people at the desk, worse customer service.

We've had the opposite experience, especially while facing travel delays in the winter. We emailed SBC while on a delayed flight and they told us to deal with re-scheduling at the airport when we landed. And then there's nobody from SBC at the airport to help us and nobody answered the phone. They refused to give us a refund even though there were later flights they could have put us on... It was frustrating and cost us a night of our vacation.

Winair has re-scheduled our flights at no cost when there have been weather delays. Also, if you're delayed because of weather or other issues, there are far more Winair flights, than SBC flights.

I think both are good!-Winair has more flights but quite a bit more expensive than SBC-but you get 2 pilots with Winair verse just 1 for SBC!!

I echo everyone elses feedback. Winair is totally fine!

I have used them equally from SXM, IMHO the airport and inflight experience is the same. The only differences (as everyone has said) is:
- SBC is a LOT cheaper (Winair never puts SBH flights on sale, they are consistently priced higher)
- Winair has a TON more flights spread throughout the day (I've seen days with 20 flights) SBC usually only has 3-4 max per day. Especially useful if you arrive early, I find Winair will always put you on the earlier flight if there is space.
- SBC aircraft use 1 pilot, Winair 2 (for those nervous about those things...)

I personally "love" the idea of supporting a local SBH airline whenever I can, however I often find the SBC flights are sold out therefore using Winair.

Only positive experiences with us on Winair. Very responsive and accommodating when we’ve had to make changes to a trip.

Thanks to everyone. I’m glad we do have choices and I must say that when I emailed Winair with a question yesterday, they responded immediately. In the old days communications left a lot to be desired. They have been very helpful. Just can’t wait to get there. Thanks again. Louise.

I have always had good experiences ( 16 of them) with WinAir because we have been allowed to take earlier flights if we get to sxm.

We have had only positive experiences with Bruno’s on the commuter. WinAir only bad experiences. We now only fly Tradewind. No hassles- always easy and a happy airline!

We have had only positive experiences with Bruno’s on the commuter. WinAir only bad experiences. We now only fly Tradewind. No hassles- always easy and a happy airline!

WA was not bad to us while we used them, otherwise agree with all those comments. TW>SBC>WA.

The airport is a bit chaotic. We have historically flown Winair but flew SBC this trip. We were very impressed with SBC and would chose to fly with them again in the future. As was mentioned in another post, SBC will retrieve your checked luggage - a HUGE bonus.

I don't recall having to go through security procedures when transferring in SXM in the past but we had to this year. Even with carry on luggage only.