Is Bagatelle similar to Nikki?

Divabella

SBH Insider
Went to Nikki yesterday for the 3:30 seating. Glad we went but wasn’t a fan. We have reservations for Bagatelle outside at 8pm... will it be a similar atmosphere?

On a side note, dinner ate at Eddy’s our first night and we thoroughly enjoyed it (very generous with the after dinner shots, 2 rounds for us) followed by cocktails at Bonito (which we adored).

When driving past Nikki yesterday afternoon, it didn’t look crowded. Other restaurant people I know report that the game-time dinner crowds were very tame . . . with a lot of people leaving at half time.

Nikki Beach also had a 6 or 7pm seating yesterday to watch the Super Bowl.

DB, dining on the harbor outside at Bagatelle is typically quiet and immune from the inside festivities. I've dined at Bagatelle inside and it didn't get hopping until after dinner.

We are not fans of the craziness at Nikki...and we found Bagatelle can get quite crazy also but if you are outside you should have a lovely.water view dinner...but be wary of your drink orders and what you actually get...we have been scammed twice in the past...we have not returned...

We are not fans of the craziness at Nikki...and we found Bagatelle can get quite crazy also but if you are outside you should have a lovely.water view dinner...but be wary of your drink orders and what you actually get...we have been scammed twice in the past...we have not returned...

I have been scammed twice there(Bagatelle) on drinks, the first time with a Rude waitress, when i called her on it. First 4 yrs ago and decided to give it another try last yr. Same result.

we always eat at Eddy's on Arrival night!-Perfect way to start the vacation-always nice to see eddy and catch up on things and ask about Marius

I have been scammed twice there(Bagatelle) on drinks, the first time with a Rude waitress, when i called her on it. First 4 yrs ago and decided to give it another try last yr. Same result.
An old refrain. It never stops.

I’ve repeatedly read about this bill padding. Not good! If we go , which I’m seriously reconsidering now, we will limit the cocktail consumption to stay alert when the bill comes. We are both terrible at remembering to check for errors. If it were to happen, both of our NY attitudes would be unleashed.

we are also not fans of the "craziness" that does occur at some establishments....for an after dinner drink we have enjoyed the rum room (like a speakeasy...no view) at Quarter Kitchen...very interesting if you like rum....they have somewhere around 500 different rums...and are very knowledgeable about their offerings....and we have not experienced a "padded" bill...overall just a very good experience...

Never tried the "rum room" but the regular bar at Quarter Kitchen is a nice place for a cocktail...buzzy but not crazy.

Bagatelle has never appealed to us and the stories here are enough to keep us away. Too many other places when you're only there for a short while to waste a meal IMHO.

But we do like Nikki Sunday. Never thought it was too crazy, just fun.

We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Bagatelle tonight. . We ate outside and it was very quiet. We were gone by 9:30. No bill padding, but we stuck to cocktails, no wine. Service was very attentive and the food was very good. I’m glad we went

I share your pleasurable experience at Bagatelle. Anita and I always enjoy a great table overlooking the water with exceptional food and services.

We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Bagatelle tonight. . We ate outside and it was very quiet. We were gone by 9:30. No bill padding, but we stuck to cocktails, no wine. Service was very attentive and the food was very good. I’m glad we went
How was your trek to Colombier DB ?

We visited the Rhum Room at Quarter Kitchen a few weeks ago. We were the only ones in there and had a great time talking rum with the bartender. He set us up with a sip in the bottom of a shot glass for tasting with 4 or 5 different rums. The two of us settled on two moderately priced rums, about 20E each. Bill came to 97E. Wow.

We visited the Rhum Room at Quarter Kitchen a few weeks ago. We were the only ones in there and had a great time talking rum with the bartender. He set us up with a sip in the bottom of a shot glass for tasting with 4 or 5 different rums. The two of us settled on two moderately priced rums, about 20E each. Bill came to 97E. Wow.

On dit on français, « on s’est fait avoir »

I was at Bagatelle on Fri. and had a margarita pizza and 1 Carib for 20e. Not like Niki Beach. The pizza is very good, but you may have to ask for the pizza menu. It can be very expensive, or a great value - depends on what you order. The service is super.