Favorite Breakfast Spot

I agree with villa breakfast superiority especially following Phil’s bakery run...97% of our breakfasts are enjoyed at home enjoying the sea view and watching through the French door as our our feline friends come calling

I'd do villa breakfasts daily too..........so long as Phil drops off some coffee and pastries on his way back home to Lurin!

Agree on the Villa but also the two bakeries in Oriente do a nice job. One has an attached restaurant and the other as I recall right next door.

Of course today, being la Chandeleur, breakfast of crêpes at La Crêperie would be highly appropriate. :nerd:

Stopped in for a refreshing dame Blanche a few weeks ago. . Had a chance to say good bye to the old team and hello to a new management/ownership team. Sorry to say, I have forgotten their names.

I used to enjoy the pancakes at Bar L'Oubli when they served Pure Canada Maple Syrup. Last time they served Aunt Jemima syrup. I asked why the change, reply was, Pure Maple Syrup cost too much. Last time I went there. I can get high fructose crap at home.

Our favorite is La Petite Colombe. My kids love their chocolate croissants. I like to grab a cup of espresso, their croissants, and put a few of their amazing sandwiches in the cooler, then head to the beach or go hiking until afternoon.

The past couple of years I've appreciated having breakfast at L'Oubli; not necessarily for the food (which is good, don't get me wrong), but for the opportunity to sit, leisurely, while watching Gustavia come alive. Folks in cars, at this "intersection", are either turning left or right, shouting "bonjour" to each other while others are parking and preparing to open their shops in Gustavia. Someone always knows someone else sitting in the restaurant and a conversation usually ensues. I've been able to practice my French comprehension during the hour or so I sit there, eavesdropping. ...don't judge! :D

Still cash only at Oubli ?

Our villa terrace in Lurin with the view of harbour & the islands beyond on clear days with croissant from Choisy or Colombe ! close to 30 yrs & have never gone out for breakfast...

Agree, we are up to 35 years and have never gone out to breakfast...our morning view of the airport is captivating
we brew our own coffee and dine on fresh fruits and granola and maybe a pastry or 2...

Our villa terrace in Lurin with the view of harbour & the islands beyond on clear days with croissant from Choisy or Colombe ! close to 30 yrs & have never gone out for breakfast...

Sounds lovely. We especially go out for petit déjeuner when in town early thirty to plunder la Halle aux Poissons while best offerings still available.

Wonderful responses. Thank you all!

While we love breakfast in the villa and do prefer that hands down, getting out of the villa when you have two children makes for a morning adventure.