FORUM History Introductory Course 101

I like to think that we are a sharing and caring active community with participants from all over the world and united with with a common bond that is this island we all can’t seem to get enough of and to enjoy.

Ahhh, St Barths!

Have a good get together.

Yes, Dennis, have a good get-together at Santa Fe. You're an irreplaceable asset to this forum . . . and, I'm sure, were as well to any forum in which you previously participated. And a heckuva nice guy :cool:

I have the perfect destination in mind too.

FYI...still quiet on my bird watching forays. A lot of my aloe is blo9ming..so far just one yellow and black bananaquit.

Exactly !!! Phil Stripling started the forum. Phil was the FIRST ONE to publish information on St Barths on the web. May be a year before us. When he got tired of the forum part of it, he proposed it to us ( The O'Keefe's - Sr Barths Online since 1996 at www.st-barths.com ! ) but as we were not inclined to include it in St Barths Online (as we were commercial and visitors'info was not easy to control) The Brooks had contacted him, he gave the forum part of his site to them and referred them to us for their next trip .... We welcomed them to our home during their few first visits, fed them food but also with local and web information ... A forum was a good thing on the web, and they claimed it was just a hobby for them .... but next thing you know after a few months ... the former Phil Stripling forum which was called at the origin "The Civilized Explorer Travel Log" became commercial, changed name and was transferred to a new URL just acquired by the new owners: www.sbhonline.com, creating a total confusion with St Barths Online !!! That's the story !!!
At the end, not a big deal for us, as the confusion sent us many customers, who thought the commercial mails received came from us !!! LOL ! But still not a very nice feeling at the time !
Laurence O'Keefe