Normandie

Castelets

SBH Member
Could someone confirm whether the Normandie has indeed been sold and closed to visitors? Its website is still active and email doesn't bounce back. I'm
looking for a one-night reservation in April while waiting on wife and villa and prefer not to stay in Gustavia.

Could someone confirm whether the Normandie has indeed been sold and closed to visitors? Its website is still active and email doesn't bounce back. I'm
looking for a one-night reservation in April while waiting on wife and villa and prefer not to stay in Gustavia.

Yes the Normandie has been sold and is not open to guests.

Thanks for your interest, Castelets . . . the buyer of the Hotel also acquired rights to the website and email. I suspect that fees relating to the services were paid for some period of time that has not expired. I'll mention it to them so that they might discontinue, at least, the website.

Thanks for your interest, Castelets . . . the buyer of the Hotel also acquired rights to the website and email. I suspect that fees relating to the services were paid for some period of time that has not expired. I'll mention it to them so that they might discontinue, at least, the website.
Normandie may be gone. Anyone looking for a welcome and comfortable vacation should look into the villa CEC owned by the original owner of the Normandie. My family and friends have stayed there a number of times and everyone has great memories of their stay. Thanks

The Normandie predated even CEC1/Dennis's visits to St Barth - it went back to at least the very early 1970's. This from 2008 reviews some of the Normandie's past and what went into the renovations after he took ownership:

IMG_2816.jpeg

You are correct Izzy. Dennis and Wendy were not the original owners. I have many wonderful memories of the great parties Dennis and Wendy threw there. They were the ultimate hosts.

And one year the Normandie was voted the best little Inn in the Caribbean..and it was well deserved. Such gracious staff and wonderful Eula seeing every need was met..very pleasant memories of your Normandie, Dennis and Wendy.

Normandie was in a class by itself. Our friends, Jack and Susan Engel, stayed there a few times and likened it to sailing on a beautiful yacht. Intimate, luxurious and a serene space where time was suspended. Dennis and Wendy created a special haven, not only for those who stayed there but for those who stopped by. Memorable gatherings with the best hospitality. IMHO, there is no other place like it today in St. Barth.

I sent "first timers" to the Normandie and Eula and the staff made them feel like family
they couldn't have thanked me enough for the recommendation
and Carole and I have very pleasant memories of Dennis and Wendy as great hosts, they made the Normandie the legend that it is today!

. . . really appreciate the happy recollections! Owning & operating The Normandie was a lot of fun. So many friends made there, with great stories added to St. Barth legends. (Among them, the smiling faces of local elderly couples who would stop by to reminisce about “dating” there when it used to be a dance club.)

We enjoyed our stay at Normandie on two occasions and were sorry when we found out it was no longer available. Eula was a great hostess.

Thanks to all for the information and for the memories that kindle recollections of Autour de Rocher and simpler times on the island. Looks like it's the Sunset again this year. It would be great if Presquille did a makeover....