SXM transfer desk

There will also be reps holding signs - premium services, st. Barth Commuter, and I am guessing Winair as well. You may want to reach out to them in advance, and ask if your (in hand) boarding passes printed on line will be sufficient to get you through security. The next step is for the reps to give you boarding passes, check body and luggage weights, and pass you right through security. All we needed were the boarding passes, and they let us right through.

Hope this helps.

I passed through SXM on the they way to SBH in early December (before they opened the new terminal) and the bolded message above worked for us! I saw a guy with a SBC sign in his hand standing in the middle of the room in the flow of traffic. At first I thought it was for expedited service through the airport via Premium IV or a service like that (it reminded me of one of those limo drivers you see in the US holding signs with their passenger's name on it, waiting to pick them up as they leave the baggage area).

Turns out, he was not waiting for anyone specific. He was just there directing traffic and answering questions. So if you see someone holding a sign for your airline, don't pass them by! Reach out for help!

I don't know what the transfer was like before because my wife refuses to bring less than 50 lbs or stuff to SBH. I can so though, that you will need to go through some sort of security prior to arriving at the departure area (think TSA style security). No way around this security. I was surprised we needed to do this, but that's the way it is for now. Maybe in a year or so they will have the full terminal up an running again.

steelpe, I think your wife and I should become friends...just sayin'!!

We arrived today and I must say SBC was fantastic! We arrived 30 minutes early into SXM. There was an SBC rep waiting for us as we entered, another 10 steps later to direct us to another person that gave us our boarding passes. We were scheduled to depart at 3pm but they put us on a 2pm. We had just enough time for a rum punch!

We arrived today and I must say SBC was fantastic! We arrived 30 minutes early into SXM. There was an SBC rep waiting for us as we entered, another 10 steps later to direct us to another person that gave us our boarding passes. We were scheduled to depart at 3pm but they put us on a 2pm. We had just enough time for a rum punch!
And just like that, the fun has begun:party:

Great news! I was just wondering how DivaBella's journey went today. DB, wishing you an amazing week and a happy birthday on our beloved isle.

Great news! I was just wondering how DivaBella's journey went today. DB, wishing you an amazing week and a happy birthday on our beloved isle.

Thank you so much! We had an excellent dinner at Eddy’s followed by amazing cocktails at Bonito. Nikki today!!

If I am reading this correctly, you can check luggage and SBC will retrieve it for you and get it to the plane. If so, this is a game changer for anyone who has checked bags.

I'm with you Jeanette. This would be a BIG game changer, having SBC collect checked bags for you, and then avoiding the security line.

e

Perfect!

awesome!!--No need to pay for a premium service with SBC as they meet/greet you and direct you on your way-SBC and carry-on luggage the only way to go!

Long time traveler to SBH; post Irma we have traveled only via SJU and Tradewinds. In Late Feb we will be once again traveling through SXM and using Winair. Any guidance on gate checked stroller, tips or tricks getting though SXM and guidance to the transfer desk and or how and what order to obtain check baggage.

Thanks for your help