Jan 11-18 trip--dining review

TERP37

SBH Insider
what a fantastic trip we had!!--I wanted to give an update on our dining--Jan 11-arrival day--always is Eddy's--just love it-food/service/price/rum-just hard to beat-spent time talking to eddy catching up on the Irma experience and Marius 95 bday!!--Jan 12--Francois Plantation-had not been here in many years so we thought we would give it a try--very nice setting-food was very good but expensive-for a sat night there were very few people having dinner--Jan 13--QG--Loved it-great local vibe-food was excellent and was a lot of fun-smoking can be an issue-we did see one couple asked to be moved--Jan 14-Nikki beach for lunch-always allot of fun!!-Dinner at La Guerite--food was good but restaurant music was to loud especially for us after spending 3 hours at Nikki beach for lunch-would probably not go back-I have never had good luck with this location all the way back to the wall house days--Jan 15--I'Esprit--always one of our favorites-dinner was excellent!!-setting and location is excellent--Jan 16-Tamarin--what can you say-the setting is hard to beat--it was absolutely packed!!-food/service always on point--Jan 17-Black Ginger-always one of our stops during our trip-Patrick is a wonderful owner and always makes us feel right at home-a keeper for sure--Most of our lunches are from Maya's to go--love it-I bring it back to our villa and we enjoy lunch and a bottle of Rose' just taking in the views from our Villa in St Jean--and last but not least-chocolate/raisin croissants from La Boulangerie Choisy every morning!!--Can't wait to go back next year especially since it is Zero degrees and 4 inches of snow in Pittsburgh--The island has recovered nicely-absolutely beautiful!!:up::heart1:

so depressing to leave the paradise in Bart's to come home to this weather!-but it is always nice to be home-just not zero degrees-

Congrats...can not think of a better place to celebrate that 25th milestone. Congrats!🍾🎉🎈

Mid-January is a very nice time, as you know. Great time for celebrating everything! And, of course, you'll find a lot of Silver on the island for 25th anniversary remembrances.

We love mid January-the weather is perfect and the crowds are very manageable -never a problem with last minute dinner reservations--I'm saving up now for all the silver I may have to purchase-LOL--

Being from Pittsburgh, I seem to think the winters are not as bad now compared to growing up there in the 60's
we also try to get to St.Barth's at least once a year. our escape! Thanks for the reviews

Being from Pittsburgh, I seem to think the winters are not as bad now compared to growing up there in the 60's
we also try to get to St.Barth's at least once a year. our escape! Thanks for the reviews
One big difference from the sixties is that back then, at least with lower middle class parents, we would go out into the winter with basically cotton clothing. Being a landscaper for the majority of my life, I know what a difference the hi-tech apparel makes in facing cold weather winters. Two mornings ago I walked our dog for two hours in temperatures in the teens and never felt cold.

yes-when I was growing up(sometimes my wife still questions this!!-(LOL)--our winters seemed to start right around Thanksgiving and last until Easter with snow on the ground the entire time!!

we were always outside. They never seemed to cancel school either. the times they are a changing.
St. Barths in Mid April, can't wait