Lil’Rock

6CDA8CB0-7222-4256-AA9A-3FD96FA16F7C.jpeg

So assuming Eden Rock open for the 2019/2020 Winter season it looks like St Jean should be about back to 100% by then?
No On the Rocks, but Sand Bar, Pearl Beach, Lil' Rock...anything else? Nikki on the other side of course

So assuming Eden Rock open for the 2019/2020 Winter season it looks like St Jean should be about back to 100% by then?
No On the Rocks, but Sand Bar, Pearl Beach, Lil' Rock...anything else? Nikki on the other side of course

A construction project at Emeraude Plage?

Kevin, is EP the one that was at or right near the Tom Beach Hotel?
If so, where is EP in relation to Pearl Beach? Not the same site?
And follow up where is Lil' Rock, in between Pearl Beach/EP and Eden Rock?

I was assuming either Pearl Beach or Lil'Rock was on the EP site.

Jim,

EP is between Pearl Beach, formerly Tom Beach, and Eden Rock. Lil’ Rock is between Pearl Beach and EP.

A construction project at Emeraude Plage?

If it's anything like the construction of Le Barthelemy, it could be a 4-5 year project. The yak yak ends at the Eden Rock in 8 months, only to be replaced by construction at its next-door neighbor. If was a fractional share owner at Eden Rock (and at one point I really wish I was), they just lost two years of using their villas (with no compensation by ER) to be followed by a few years of construction noise yards away at Emeraude Plage. :guitar:

Thanks. So it goes:

Eden Rock, EP, Lil' Rock, Pearl Beach

Perfect. And not to complicate things, but the owners of Le Barthelemy Hotel bought EP and will be building a new hotel on the site with underground parking and a spa. I hope they use a similar Balinese, island-inspired design.

Looks kind of around that area. Very welcome addition!

I only hope that this new place is a bit unposh & unpolished, a bit risky, a bit provocative and rebellious, like Tom Beach was long ago. St. Jean needs some of that vibe back.

Yet another new place is advertising with ash trays... :sad1: Great beach towels!! I hope L'il rock has good food, a cool beach vibe, fun music and dancing. St. Jean is already the most commercialized of the beaches, so another beach bar will only add to the fun.

p.s. From what I've read, they are not open for dinner which should make a calm scene for the villa renters next door.

almost everyplace has ashtrays... sad to see but no one seems to want to fight it...I guess some people like cigar smoke with their lunch !

Lil’ Rock opened today and Lil’ Rock absolutely rocked!!

70 lucky people enjoyed a delicious lunch with feet in the sand, chilled Rosé, grilled lobster and more,
sunshine and light breeze with
Soley serenading...it does not get much better than that!
Congratulations to the whole family and all others who have worked very hard to bring it back again...
We are wishing you much success!

Lil’ Rock opened today and Lil’ Rock absolutely rocked!!

70 lucky people enjoyed a delicious lunch with feet in the sand, chilled Rosé, grilled lobster and more,
sunshine and light breeze with
Soley serenading...it does not get much better than that!
Congratulations to the whole family and all others who have worked very hard to bring it back again...
We are wishing you much success!

. . . sorry that you weren’t on the scene as an “embedded reporter,” Eve! I’ll give you my “take” very soon.