RITZ & ESCOFFIER by Luke Barr

amyb

Senior Insider
I almost forgot to post this book. Very interesting story/biography. The talk of staying at the Ritz for SJU connections is what reminded me.

At age 12 Caesar Ritz was a shepherd in Switzerland. And then he moves up the food and hotel chains and works with Escoffier and their success at London's Savoy sets the groundwork for an easy to read story. Ritz, Escoffier, and Carlton take Europe hotels to new levels...like elevators and in room toilets not to mention real fine dining experiences.A good read for any travelers you might know.

Great recommendation, Amy - sounds Like some interesting history. Will check it out!

I almost forgot to post this book. Very interesting story/biography. The talk of staying at the Ritz for SJU connections is what reminded me.

At age 12 Caesar Ritz was a shepherd in Switzerland. And then he moves up the food and hotel chains and works with Escoffier and their success at London's Savoy sets the groundwork for an easy to read story. Ritz, Escoffier, and Carlton take Europe hotels to new levels...like elevators and in room toilets not to mention real fine dining experiences.A good read for any travelers you might know.
A shepherd must always be aware to any danger to the flock. That early responsibility must have prepared him for the successful innovative career he lived. Thanks for the heads up.