Niki Beach on Sundays

GeorgeD

SBH Insider
I know I have read on here that reservations are needed for Niki on Sundays and as I recall the fun time is around 3:00 pm. Is this true only for Sundays and what time is the best? Any suggestions are appreciated.

GeorgeD

The second seating on Sunday will get you there when the party is in full swing. I don't know if you can do a full day there on Sunday, although if you're buying those 5 gallon bottles of rose, you can probably stay as long as you like.

Every other day of the week, it's pretty mellow in there, but the nice thing about this place is if you need a late lunch, they are opened all day until 5 pm or so.

It depends what time of year you go. In high season, there's typically a 12-1 seating and a 3-3:30 seating. The party starts hopping by 2:00 and before then there's still a fun vibe. In high season, it's like being in a club after 3:00 - loud music, dancing on the tables and everybody is having fun. It's a great party once a year. There's also music and Joe Sax during the week in high season. It's not as crazy, but still very fun.

We always do the early Sunday seating there so we have room for a nice dinner later on. As long as you are ordering Magnums, they’ll let you hang around a little longer.

I recommend you make a reservation several weeks in advance - before you go - AND, take a paper copy of it - or on your phone. (Yes, it came in handy!) We have made a reservation for
the first seating and then, if they need the table for the 3-3:30 seating, we move to the bar area.

I concur with Libby, take a paper copy of your email confirmation. No problems the past two visits, but in the past, it has become an issue with missing confirmation on the NIKKI side. Who needs drama!

Last time we were in St. Barths we stayed at a villa a few doors down from Nikki Beach. We enjoyed many an afternoon cocktail there. Well, 10 years has now passed since that trip and I am wondering if Nikki Beach is still for us (although perhaps life-changing for our 14 year old son ;). I am curious as to what the age of the crowd is there on a Sunday. Our visit actually coincides with the White Party. Can anyone weigh in on what the average age of the crowd would be for this event?

Last time we were in St. Barths we stayed at a villa a few doors down from Nikki Beach. We enjoyed many an afternoon cocktail there. Well, 10 years has now passed since that trip and I am wondering if Nikki Beach is still for us (although perhaps life-changing for our 14 year old son ;). I am curious as to what the age of the crowd is there on a Sunday. Our visit actually coincides with the White Party. Can anyone weigh in on what the average age of the crowd would be for this event?

We never miss a Sunday at Nikki. We go in December usually 1 or 2 Sunday’s depending on how it falls.
I’m 38 my husband 37. My friend is 40 her husband is 60 and her son is 22 and his gf 22. We got a sun bed ordered a magnum rose and partied there from 12-5:30-6. Then we go to Jojo burger after. We had a 3:30 lunch but I think we sat around 3. The crowd is mixed ages if you drink it’s a lot of fun

We stay up the hill from Nikki and walk down on Sundays with our chairs and wine and sit on the beach and enjoy the festivities from afar...crazy crowd of all ages...just not for us

We are in our 60s and it is super fun! I wouldn't miss it. I do not think it is anywhere as wild as you may be thinking for your 14 year old son. I would have taken mine without any problems and I am a really strict Mom!! I have been there with many families of all ages and everyone is having a good time. People tend to be very friendly, talking to your table neighbors, etc. There is definitely alcohol but there are probably special nonalcoholic drinks for your son that will be colorful and fun. Your kids travel all over the world with you, and I think being in another culture is a cultural and learning experience. Bring your white dress, get your kid a nice white linen shirt or tee and some white shorts to feel a part of the party. Sharing "unusual" places with your child will make for great memories but also make him more sophisticated and worldly. And more importantly, it gives you a chance to let him see you in a fun atmosphere that he would not expect normally to share with you. You definitely don't have to drink to have fun, either! There will be a DJ with world music that your child might not know but learn about. I hope you have a wonderful time!!

We’ve been traveling to the island for 14 years and have never been to Nikki on a Sunday. Now as we plan our upcoming trip, the posts on the forum have me intrigued. Do you think it’s an appropriate place on Sundays for a family with young kids (4&5)? We would make a reservation for the early seating. And I should add, our children are well behaved, used to dining in nice restaurants, and love St Barts!

Well said, Davesmom. If I was traveling with younger kids, I wouldn't hesitate to go to Nikki Beach on a Sunday. If you go in high season, I recommend the first seating (12:30). At 3ish or so, NB become more club-like...the music gets louder, people dance on tables, there's a constant flow of magnums, and there's typically a group of people without reservations who buy drinks and hang on the beach.

I always enjoy a lunch at Nikki Beach during the Bucket and sometimes go back on a quieter day. The restaurant is beautiful, the view is perfect and the food is delicious and not overly expensive (relative to other SBH restaurants, that is). If you are a sushi fan, you'll be in heaven.

For anybody heading down for the Bucket, when I made my NB lunch reservations this year, I was given two options: 12:30 and 3:30.

We booked 3:30 for the Bucket week. We usually do the 12:30 seating and have been fortunate to be able to stay at our table until 4:30 or so. This year we are going for 3:30 since we love the music and dancing and we didn’t want to chance losing our table just as it gets going! I’m going to be 50 this year (ugh!) and my husband is 56 - we have a blast every year! I don’t think there’s any age limit if you enjoy a good party!

Those figures are only numbers and we are fortunate when we get to keep adding on to the total.

Nikki on a Sunday is a hoot whenever you get there.

IMG_1164.jpgIMG_1165.jpg Lunch at Nikki Beach!

We’ve been traveling to the island for 14 years and have never been to Nikki on a Sunday. Now as we plan our upcoming trip, the posts on the forum have me intrigued. Do you think it’s an appropriate place on Sundays for a family with young kids (4&5)? We would make a reservation for the early seating. And I should add, our children are well behaved, used to dining in nice restaurants, and love St Barts!
If you decide to go, I wouldn't do the 3:30 seating with kids that young based on reading your question. There is nothing wrong with going then with kids and you'll likely have a lot of fun but it WILL become a party scene and if you haven't gone without them in 14 years on a Sunday, then I wonder why you would go with them. That being said if you decide to go there is nothing wrong with it either because the food is good and you can have fun then without drinking of course. Perhaps go on a different day first or maybe for the early seating and then decide if the later seating is good for you or not.

If you decide to go, I wouldn't do the 3:30 seating with kids that young based on reading your question. There is nothing wrong with going then with kids and you'll likely have a lot of fun but it WILL become a party scene and if you haven't gone without them in 14 years on a Sunday, then I wonder why you would go with them. That being said if you decide to go there is nothing wrong with it either because the food is good and you can have fun then without drinking of course. Perhaps go on a different day first or maybe for the early seating and then decide if the later seating is good for you or not.

Thank you Jim. Very helpful. We are going to make a 12:30 reservation and give it a whirl!

For context, when my husband and I first started coming to the island 14 years ago, we were in our 20's and our typical lunches consisted of Match, Maya's to Go, or Le Select. Our biggest splurge was a night at Eddy's.

While much has changed in the 14 years... jobs... children.... our love of the island has remained.