Grocery stores & Wine/alcohol stores in St Jean?

kt1995

SBH Member
Hi all and Happy New Year!
We will be in St. Barths in a few weeks and although we've been to the island many times in the last few years, this will be our first time in a villa. Looking for any recommendations on grocery stores and wine shops in or near St. Jean.

Thanks so much!

The "Match" or whatever it's called now across from the airport has a pretty good wine selection.

Have you been away that long Dennis? Marche U is the big supermarket across from the airport, kt.

There are two grocery stores in St Jean, the Superette near the gas station, and Marché U across from the airport. Marché U is the larger of the two, and will have the largest selection of wine/beer/liquor. When grocery shopping I sometimes find that what isn't available in one of the two is available in the other.

The closest wine shop will be La Cave du Port Franc in Public. If you go from the airport, take the road half way around the rotary down into Public. As you get to the lumber yard on the right, look on your left for La Cave du Port Franc.

It has a concrete wall with wine barrel heads implanted. Parking at the nearby entrance just a bit more after the shop!

Phil’s recommendation is our preferred stop over Marche U. But you’ll need groceries so Marche may be more convenient.

Oasis in Lorient also is a very nice grocery store with a decent wine selection-they also carry rum from La Gloriette!!

Oasis is a very pleasant place to shop...easy parking and friendly staff and less rushed than March U...good wine selection also

Cafe Gloriette in Gustavia is a good place to buy rhum...and it is available in many tasty flavors. Plus, you can try some really lovely snack selections. Perfect air conditioned modern place to stop n shop and sip.

Oasis in Lorient also is a very nice grocery store with a decent wine selection-they also carry rum from La Gloriette!!

Wasn't L'Oasis in Lorient converted to a MarchU two or so years ago?

p.s. Terp37: Are you a Maryland Terp?

I don’t think there’s a bad grocery store or wine shop on the island . . . at least, I can’t think of one.