A Heavy Heart

julianne

Senior Insider
Since I know many of you knew her or knew of her, I felt you should be aware of the death yesterday of Phyllis Napoli. Andy Nap has been one of the longest and most knowledgeable contributors to this forum. Although Phyllis did not actively participate in the forum, she was part of the “forum family”, hosting and attending many gatherings both on and off the island.

Phyllis was one of the most incredible women I have ever met—-intelligent, courageous, talented, humorous—every wonderful adjective a person could imagine, wrapped in one lovely package. Phyllis faced unbelievable physical challenges with such bravery and determination that I am sure she inspired the vets she shared her PT sessions with—-although I am sure she would dismiss such a compliment and say that they inspired her! She visited St. Barth with Andy many times and enjoyed the island—especially because she knew how much Andy loved it. When you consider how much of an impact one person can make on others, think of Phyllis Napoli. She has made an indelible, unforgettable mark. Phyllis will be greatly missed!

Thoughts and heartfelt prayers to Andy and his family.

I echo the same sentiments as Julianne
"Thoughts and heartfelt prayers to Andy and his family".
May the soul of Phyllis and all the souls of the faithfully departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace, Amen.

You have captures a Phyllis & the teamwork of her & Andy so well, Julianne. A sweet, warm-hearted, smart, lovely person . . . It always was a pleasure & inspiration to be with her. RIP Phyllis.

How very sad. Although we never had the pleasure of meeting Phyllis and Andy personally, our hearts are very heavy for Andy and their family. Gary and I send our deepest condolences and prayers to Andy and their family and all forum friends who know them. We are so sorry.
:pray1:

So sad to have lost a friend who showed such courage and had such strong faith. She will be missed by many, but none more so than her caring and devoted soul mate. Andy, our hearts go out to you in this difficult time..we care.

Phyllis was indeed very brave in recent years facing her illnesses... Andy is very much in our hearts at the time of his sorrow!

For those who may wish to make a donation in Phyllis’ memory, the American Cancer Society has been designated by the family.

Only knowing Andy thru the forum this past year, his sense of humor & knowledge of all things St Barth & getting to & from SBH, his love & care for Phyllis has always been evident in his many postings. A sad loss for Andy & his family, not only those who are actually related, but those of us who became "family" thru the forum.

Very sad to hear of this news. I don't know you Andy but you are one of the people who has been very helpful to me and answered a lot of my stupid, newbie questions on this forum. My thoughts are with you and the rest of your family at this time :pray1:

Very sorrow to read this. Your shared good fortunes at finding each other have been evident in your posts over the years. May you find comfort through faith that perpetual light now shines upon her.

Thank you all for your kind comments. Thanks Julianne for the eulogy. You described Phyllis perfectly. 7E4689D4-138B-4FA3-B82A-CC630E2DD1F6.jpeg

I’m so sorry, Andy. I always enjoyed reading your stories of previous trips with Phyllis. I hope those memories will bring you comfort. My sympathies to you and your family.

Andy, sincerest condolences.

The expressive picture, and Julianne's compassionate description, say so much about Phyllis for those of us who may not have had the privilege of meeting her.

It is a great loss..a friend, a wit, a woman of faith and a woman of valor.

We were privileged to know her and we mourn with Andy, her devoted soul mate. Julianne, you captured her spirit beautifully.

Andy-
When you wrote about Phyllis in your posts, we always felt a twinkle of joy in your words and expressions, even though we only know you through the Forum. We are happy you have so many wonderful memories together and are sorry to learn of her passing. We send you our condolences and want you to know how much many of us appreciate the positive spirit you give each day as we learn about the island from your desire to communicate and share your knowledge of Ouanalao.

Andy, Wendy and I send our heartfelt condolences. We only met you at a couple of Forum gatherings on Island. May peace, and beautiful memories always be with you
Don