CASSOLETTE Comes to Colombier

amyb

Senior Insider
At last, a favorite island dish arrived at a new location. Last night we dined in Colombier at Bananiers. In addition to pizzas and the regular menu, there was a ‘carte’ of specials.

I easily forfeited my Margarita pizza for a treat...CASSOLETTE DE LANGOUSTE in a Champagne and truffle sauce. It was delicious and the clay pot was filled with shredded vegetables and large chunks of local lobster and sprinkled with chopped truffle shavings. Needless to say, I purred on the whole ride home.

Totally different. Not as peppery, which I prefer. Lobster chunks were as big as apricots. Enjoyed this a delightful repast and the Fond Gloriette memories it brought to mind. I hope they offer it regularly.

We love Banana Ears, our nickname for the restaurant. Ohhhh, I hope they have it when were are there in several days!!!

Totally different. Not as peppery, which I prefer. Lobster chunks were as big as apricots. Enjoyed this a delightful repast and the Fond Gloriette memories it brought to mind. I hope they offer it regularly.
My taste buds are watering!

At last, a favorite island dish arrived at a new location. Last night we dined in Colombier at Bananiers. In addition to pizzas and the regular menu, there was a ‘carte’ of specials.

I easily forfeited my Margarita pizza for a treat...CASSOLETTE DE LANGOUSTE in a Champagne and truffle sauce. It was delicious and the clay pot was filled with shredded vegetables and large chunks of local lobster and sprinkled with chopped truffle shavings. Needless to say, I purred on the whole ride home.
Yes.

P1040853.JPG

That looks wonderful, hope on menu in May yet langouste out of season then per the fish market men to husband in May this year.

Gayle, I was thinking ‘pizza’ and this was a delightful surprise and a great substitution.