Dinner for our last night

When we first traveled to the Caribbean, we would vote on our favorite meal and that would be our farewell encore dinner.

Cheryl and I have made Eddie’s a first and last night visit. The Island ambiance, the amazing food and Eddie stopping over to chat makes for a memorable night.

Cheryl and I have made Eddie’s a first and last night visit. The Island ambiance, the amazing food and Eddie stopping over to chat makes for a memorable night.

Eddie’s is our first night too. I agree the ambiance is perfect to begin a memorable trip.

Realizing you requested Gustavia but others suggested elsewhere, feet in sand at Le Sereno should be considered as an option.

Realizing you requested Gustavia but others suggested elsewhere, feet in sand at Le Sereno should be considered as an option.

I had suspected that the restaurant de plage would only be open during the day, but the F/B mgr confirms that guests are welcome to dine toes in the sand "à la lueur d'une bougie" if desired.

Thanks everyone for your recommendations. We had some great meals:

Eddys - great way to kick off the vacation. Eddy is a sweetheart. Loved the vibe.

Nikki - decent sushi but nothing spectacular. The only experience we didn’t like about the trip.

Isoletta - always a good staple for an easy, quick, casual dinner.

Black Ginger - excellent again, we love the owner.

Orega - fave meal 2 years in a row. Missed the chocolate shots this year.

Aux Amis - great lunch with awful service. I actually felt bad for the waitress. Beautiful hotel, not so great beach.

Bonito - we stayed just up the hill from it so we stopped here just about every night for cocktails. We loved the vibe. Jo and Jimmy the bartenders are so friendly and welcoming. Birthday dinner was here, great meal.

Bagatelle - pleasantly surprised. Great setting and service. Food was very good.

QG - very good, largest portions of the trip. Lovely atmosphere.

Now back to reality

Eddie’s is our first night too. I agree the ambiance is perfect to begin a memorable trip.

we always arrive on a Friday and Eddy's is our first nights dinner--just starts our trip on a fun,positive nice vibe note!!-Eddy is the best!!

Thanks for the recap!

What happened at Aux Amis? Usually when you have awful service, you're annoyed with the waitress, not sympathetic toward her.

She was very sweet and apologetic. She was trying but was very nervous, slow, and had to come back with each order (drinks, food, dessert) to make sure she was correct. I give an E for effort but she was clearly new and out of her element. It was no biggie but other patrons were very annoyed. We also witnessed her getting reprimanded on the sidelines a few times. We’re suckers for someone that tries, she was trying.