Dinner for our last night

Bonito is a splendid choice for your birthday. If you don't mind the drive, Tamarin and Le Toiny have two of the most magical settings on the island. The food at L'Isola is delicious, but the setting and food can be found in Manhattan, the enchanting garden of Tamarin and view from Le Toiny cannot.

As for QG's menu (or most island menus), it's as simple as www.google.com. ;) Here you go: https://www.access-premium.com/sites/default/files/2018-01/Menu QG_0.pdf

Can we do Le Toiny for lunch? Do they rent beach chairs?

Yes, Le Toiny has a lovely beach club, although I am not sure if the chaise loungers are for rent or included as a guest at the restaurant. You can't swim at Toiny beach because of rough currents.

[FONT=&quot]Here’s a link to Le Toiny's Restaurant Info[/FONT]

Thanks everyone QG menu looks great.

For those that recommended Tamarin, we did that last year on my birthday. The setting was amazing. We loved it but don’t drive at night. Taxi cost 70 RT from Gustavia :eek: . Isola is always in the back of my mind but we live in NY, close to
Manhattan. We are Italian and eat it on a regular basis. We tend to shy away from it on vacation. We go to Isoletta on Sundays because it’s easy and we normally have a big late lunch on that day.

Cant wait to return!!
Agree with you about Italian food on vacation. It can’t get better than at home.

Have you considered having a chef come in and cook dinner for you? The pricing isn't that different than a nice dinner out, and it can be "très romantique".

Le Toiny has built a new pool at their beach club, and I would be really surprised if beach chairs aren't free with lunch but you could always e-mail them and inquire. We may check it out if Cheval Blanc isn't accepting non-hotel guests by February, but I'm still holding out hope.....

You can't swim at Toiny beach because of rough currents.
True . . . no swimming on the Toiny beach. However, there now is a pool at the Toiny beach that is available to people who are eating at the “beach club” restaurant.

I believe the original post requested a restaurant rec in Gustavia for her last night. I am gonna dig in here for L'sola. I live in Manhattan and we go to Italian restaurants here all the time. L'sola has, in my view, the most romantic vibe on St Barths (been coming down since 1993) and the food, though, yes, Italian, is among the best Italian we have had. The candlelight, the white table cloths, the ITALIAN accents makes for a great atmosphere. And the Batarga (spelling?) pasta cannot be found anywhere else. It is well worth a try, I promise you won't feel like you are in Manhattan.

Ditto the above. The first restaurant I tried Batargs and got hooked after the first bite.(Thank you for that intro Jacki)!

I’m on your side, Amy. L’Isola is just a very chic, happening, feel-good restaurant that serves outstanding, authentic Italian fare. It’s been a while (we’ll return eventually) but IMHO it’s the best restaurant experience on the island. Run by real pros.

With respect to Gustavia restaurants as a topic . . . it probably wouldn’t be my “last night” choice, but I would — nonetheless — put in a “plug” for Le Repaire. The food really is very good . . . generally, great daily specials . . . reasonable pricing . . . lively . . . an attractive room . . . excellent waitstaff & the very gracious owner/host, Eric . . . pleasant mix of “locals” & visitors . . . great people-watching. It took me a while to warm-up to the place, but for the combination of factors that I mention, I now go there often . . . and always enjoy it — breakfast, lunch, & dinner!

With respect to Gustavia restaurants as a topic . . . it probably wouldn’t be my “last night” choice, but I would — nonetheless — put in a “plug” for Le Repaire. The food really is very good . . . generally, great daily specials . . . reasonable pricing . . . lively . . . an attractive room . . . excellent waitstaff & the very gracious owner/host, Eric . . . pleasant mix of “locals” & visitors . . . great people-watching. It took me a while to warm-up to the place, but for the combination of factors that I mention, I now go there often . . . and always enjoy it — breakfast, lunch, & dinner!
And ALWAYS order from the blackboard specials

Andy, I have learned that Repaire’s best meals of the day are the blackboard specials. It took me years to discover that,but now ithe board gets read first thing upon arrival.

This is a very entertaining and up to date thread. Obviously makes you hungry while reading, which caused me to eat half a bag of Trader Joes peanut butter pretzels.

And ALWAYS order from the blackboard specials

ALWAYS?

last night that would have been marinated salmon cut up in a salad for your appetizer and an entire fish - European Sea Bass - for two as the main course.
no one at my table tried the specials...a non fish eater would not have either...

the dessert special was carrot cake, two small muffins of it with white chocolate ganache frosting (it called out for cream cheese frosting, as one person in my group tried it)

ALWAYS?

last night that would have been marinated salmon cut up in a salad for your appetizer and an entire fish - European Sea Bass - for two as the main course.
no one at my table tried the specials...a non fish eater would not have either...

the dessert special was carrot cake, two small muffins of it with white chocolate ganache frosting (it called out for cream cheese frosting, as one person in my group tried it)
Always- was an exaggeration. Should have said always look at the blackboard. Sounds good to me. We normally don’t eat dessert so no big deal. Obviously, if you don’t like fish don’t order it. Did you order the goat stew? :devillaugh:

Unfamiliar with that pasta, looked online at a "dictionary" of pastas, not listed under any of the Italian locations where certain types of pasta are prevalent/come from. "Splain it please Lucy !"

Always- was an exaggeration. Should have said always look at the blackboard. Sounds good to me. We normally don’t eat dessert so no big deal. Obviously, if you don’t like fish don’t order it. Did you order the goat stew? :devillaugh:

no goat, wrong restaurant !

Unfamiliar with that pasta, looked online at a "dictionary" of pastas, not listed under any of the Italian locations where certain types of pasta are prevalent/come from. "Splain it please Lucy !"
Bottarga is the roe of gray mullet or tuna