Santa Fe

Bart -my real name-

Senior Insider
The old metal sign that used to hang in front pointing toward the road fell victim to Irma. This new one is getting hung today flat on the front wall between the two doors

5FE8D5B5-D807-4E9E-97D0-9F253BB3592C.jpg

Wahoo cevechi special of the day.

5A4223A8-4D30-4E30-955C-EF2AC7EACF7E.jpg

The latest version of the famed tomato tarte. Very good, but Manu’s original ruined me for all others. But I had to give it a try!

7EBA7ABA-DD29-430B-9055-74D816F1EE80.jpg

E9ABDDC5-9357-486D-9077-93C9FA6EAE0D.jpg

The only slight, tiny bit of imperfection was a crane blocking part of the view while doing construction on a house on the road to Gouverneur. But hardly a deal breaker!!

Its still possible to get the classic rosé shot with a clear view!

37D09561-0E89-4E0E-8830-65BE8129BB50.jpg

Tragically we were too full for dessert but were able to sip a little rhum.

EBBC1CD3-770A-4181-994C-CA75C65411BE.jpg

That sign sure dresses up the building.
Bart, your food photos rock. BTW, Phil is happy with the new tomato tart. We are so lucky having Santa Fe as our neighborhood restaurant.

I agree, Bart . . . preferred the “old” tomato tarte (which is not to say that I dislike the new version . . . it’s “tasty,” but difficult to divide with others, as friends & I often do). A small blip at the restaurant, however . . . where the menu is creative, imaginative, & currently among best food on the island — using very fresh ingredients.

Dang it...now I'm hungry! Super photos, Bart.

Amy...are you putting out sugar water for the Bananaquit? Sofia and I had several hanging around La Baleine during our Summer holiday. You know, now that I think about it, it could be the cats are keeping them at bay. Hmmm....

Also Manu's mother's recipe for the Coq Au Vin he served was something special, even in warm weather.
What news do people hear about Manu and his family- believe they are in France?

Dang it Bart, I’m with Missy. Your killing me with these crisp photo shots while I’m working in Northeast DC. Eating late lunch on not near as nice cuisine with crappy views of delapidated buildings

Hi Bill,
We have 5-trips booked for 2019. We usually alternate between couple and family members.

Dang it Bart, I’m with Missy. Your killing me with these crisp photo shots while I’m working in Northeast DC. Eating late lunch on not near as nice cuisine with crappy views of delapidated buildings

Ha!
I feel your pain Dad! I’m working in Southwest DC.
Tim

Is there anything more relaxing, enjoyable and "yummy" (that's an industry term) than lunch at Sante Fe???

Give me the escargot (with extra bread for the garlic butter), the truffle foie gras and sweet breads and a bottle of chilled santa margherita and I'm in Heaven. Sandwich it in between the morning at Gouverneur and the afternoon at Saline and it's my ideal day...

I’m with Nancy, but happy for Dad and his family that they’re able to enjoy St. Barth so often. Well done!!