Connection Time SXM-SBH

CaribbeanSoul

SBH Insider
Hello everyone! I need to book our island transfers for our return trip in May 2019. Arriving on a Friday at 1:20 AA flight. Would like to catch a 2PM Winair flight to SBH....is that cutting it too close? Otherwise need to wait until 3:30PM. Thanks for the advice! Btw, just back from AXA so we are aware of the airport situation in SXM. We took a ferry to AXA.

Hi, CaribbeanSoul. My advice: Book the 3:30pm and be pleasantly surprised when (if) you get put on the 2:00pm due to on-time (or early) arrival! The alternative is miss the 2:00pm and there are no seats for you on the 3:30pm.

That's cutting it too close even under ideal circumstances, and things at SXM are far from ideal right now. I would book the later flight, and if you get in early, you can always ask about the earlier flight.

Yes, book the later flight and if you get there in time, they’ll put you on the earlier flight if space permits.

Ha Ha! Thanks everyone. We are booked. Interestingly, it was less expensive to book Winair over the phone for the same flights than it was online plus no credit card fee.

Ha Ha! Thanks everyone. We are booked. Interestingly, it was less expensive to book Winair over the phone for the same flights than it was online plus no credit card fee.

No credit card fee over the phone?? That's news. I always railed against that fee online.

What I was told by SBC:

Since the hurricane, please find below the detail for connecting time:

From St Marteen to St Barth, the minimum time for the transfer is 1 hour after your arrival (time for the check in, to pick up bags, go immigration, go security...). If you only travel with carryon bags, the transfer is possible in 45 minutes minimum (if it is your case, please let us know in order to put a special note on your booking).

From St Barth to St Maarten, international flights required a minimum of 2 hours before for the check in of passengers and checked bags (plus our 15 min flight).