WINAIR - Has anyone ever bought a ticket at SXM Airport?

thomasj

SBH Insider
Bonjour everyone,

I'm heading down to our beloved isle in a few days and have a question for you all and wondering if anyone has ever tried this.

- I am booked to arrive SXM at 2:30pm and transfer to SBC at 4:15pm, traveling with just 1 carry on. Normally this is totally fine and have done this connection many times before.
However there is snow in the forecast this week, and there is always an issue of delays out of Canada on snow days. So wondering, if I miss the 4:15pm SBC, there is a 5:15pm Winair the same day.

Has anyone here ever missed their SBC flight at SXM and then purchased a Winair ticket onsite upon arrival at SXM? Curious.

merci.

We had that situation a few months ago. Our AA flight arrived too late to make our 4:30 SBC flight. There was a Winair flight that we probably could have made, but because it would have been less than 1 hour before flight time they would not sell us tickets. We ended up overnighting in St Marrten, which was not a real pleasant experience.

I don't see you having an issue, though, with a 2:30 arrival time into SXM.

Phil

We tried it several years ago -- flew down a day early to beat a snow storm in the northeast ....Winair had no seats available. It is a crap shoot. We had checked the white caps
as the "big" plane landed and since there were none, we opted for the ferry when we couldn't get a flight. Good luck!