I Love flying these days...

Voosh

Senior Insider
I Love flying these days... Not really...

Friends are enroute to SBH right now. It ain't what it used to be:

flight-31704.jpg

:pray1:

Nah. I never parted my hair that way. :biglaugh:

Oh right and those cure ashtrays in the armrests. But the dressing up to fly...gone forever.

Curtains on the windows? I remember them from flying a couple of times on DC3s -- famed for the uphill climb upon boarding a plane -- between Boston & Nantucket. And Amy . . . when was the last time you flew with a corsage pinned to the lapel of your suit?

Easy...NEVER Dennis. But I remember my Mom flying with high heels, hat, handbag, and gloves

Funny . . . I have the same memory. 1957. My parents flew from San Francisco to Washington, DC.

Flew for 1st time when I was about 11 yrs old by myself from Atlantic City on Eastern, stop in Newark, then to Boston...polio scare, but I had to go back to school. Steward wearing a hat told me I couldn't get off the plane in Newark, turned my nose up at beef stew lunch since I'd hever had & didn't know what it was. I didn't wear gloves, but I do remember a friend wearing them when we went to BDA from PHL in early 70's.

Curtains on the windows? I remember them from flying a couple of times on DC3s -- famed for the uphill climb upon boarding a plane -- between Boston & Nantucket. And Amy . . . when was the last time you flew with a corsage pinned to the lapel of your suit?
The DC3s were the easiest planes to fall asleep on, Almost like lying in bed.